What's new

Legend Of Zelda OOT help

ryan18

ok so i have been playing The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time on my project64 1.6 and i just beat the water temple. Then my friend upgraded my laptop from vista to windows 7 and i forgot to backup the save state for my OOT game. Just wanted to know if any1 has a save state for OOT that is around that part in the game. and if you know how to take that save state and put it on my project 64 so i can load it that would be very helpful.
thanks

Toasty

Sony battery
Clicky.

Place it in PJ64's save folder (most likely located at C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Save or C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 1.6\Save) and run Zelda OoT. (Any version of the game should work except Master Quest.)

OP
R

ryan18

if this works thank you soooooo much u have no idea, really didnt feel like going all the way back and doing that again.
ok so i went to place you said and there is no Save folder?
should i just create one?

and just to clarify, i open project64 and then i go to file, then open rom, i open OoT, then i go to system and then i go to load, then i click on the save file u gave me?

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
if this works thank you soooooo much u have no idea, really didnt feel like going all the way back and doing that again.
ok so i went to place you said and there is no Save folder?
should i just create one?
Yes, just create the folder (named "Save") inside the same folder as the PJ64 executable, then place the file inside of it. Alternatively, PJ64 should create the folder automatically whenever you run a ROM and PJ64 saves its data.

and just to clarify, i open project64 and then i go to file, then open rom, i open OoT, then i go to system and then i go to load, then i click on the save file u gave me?
No. That method applies to save states (which are potentially error-prone and not portable across different ROM versions). The file I posted is a native save. Once it's placed in the save folder, simply run the ROM and select the file from the in-game menu as you would on the original console.

OP
R

ryan18

ugh. idk what im doing wrong
i put the save file you gave me into the save folder i created, which is in the same location as the project64 1.6 executable like you said, and i open project64 1.6 go to open rom, i click on OoT and i get past the title screen, and there are no saved files there at all, so i cant load up the game. =/
any ideas on what im doing wrong?

X-Fi6

Upload again somewhere where I don't have to use a download ticket or respond to a CAPTCHA and then I'll take a look.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Why not upload the pictures to an actual image hosting service, such as ImageShack?

Toasty

Sony battery
Fortunately for everyone here, I happen to be a certified rocket surgeon and part-time magician.

Abra cadabra, magnifico Rapid-Shareo to Imageo-Shako, KA-POW!!!

*lights flash, dust settles*

desktop1w.png

desktop2r.png

Dare I ask the OP for more legible screenshots?

Allnatural

ugh. idk what im doing wrong
i put the save file you gave me into the save folder i created, which is in the same location as the project64 1.6 executable like you said, and i open project64 1.6 go to open rom, i click on OoT and i get past the title screen, and there are no saved files there at all, so i cant load up the game. =/
any ideas on what im doing wrong?
You don't have your paths set up correctly. Look under Options\Settings\Directories...