What's new

L-o-z - Oot

karth95

Lord of the Cats
k, I know it's pathetic, but I need some help figuring something out. I've tried Legend of Zelda, OOT for the last 3 days, and it locks up about every time I do something big, like switch scenes, and sometimes when I'm just moving around, too. I have version 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2, all U !. It happens with all 3. I'm using glide64 .253 because my video card is a voodoo3. I'm getting a geforce2 TI 64 in the next week or so, but I would like to play this game. Anyone have any suggestions? Specs in Sig. The problem is that it locks HARD, and I can't alt+f4 out of it or anything else. (with glide you can't play small screen, and when I ctrl-alt-del, it just pops up the end task menu... behind the game. Can't see a darned thing.)
Thanks for any hints or suggestions.. I'm using azi's .30 audio, just in case someone asks.
:bunny:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
delete the registry keys for 1964 using regedit (start>run>regedit), or use regcleaner to select and remove 1964 entires. After that DON'T touch ANY settings (except config plugins, of course). I had to do that because i messed up, but after deleting reg entries, it worked like a charm. :)

OP
karth95

karth95

Lord of the Cats
messed up what? how on EARTH could I screw up my registry so it locks a game up? (not to say I won't be trying it. ;))
Well, I'll give it a shot. Seems kinda odd, I used Jabo's dx 1.4 (dang that's ugly on a voodoo 3k) and it worked ok, didn't lock up even though I did a lot of stuff.

schibo

Emulator Developer
The freeze is a bug in 083. Technically speaking, 1964 dynamically (on-the-fly at runtime) creates its own code for the game in a buffer in memory and then runs it. When this code buffer is full, it needs to be flushed out to make room for new code. It is when this happens that 1964 might freeze. This bug has been fixed in 084 (coming soon).

Of course, 083 had another different serious freeze problem and that one has been fixed also.

-schibo

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
yeah, never thought about that. I was using beta 8.4 (don't think i only want to test to play games, i send a report when i find something worth reporting). I sent you an email schibo did u get it?

OP
karth95

karth95

Lord of the Cats
well, that explains it... Thank you both, schibo and cooliscool. If I use .73 it looks... ok, but it's not as nice as .83, so I guess I'll *sob* hang on.... ;)
Thanks for all the beautiful work, schibo. I very much appreciate being able to actually play these games.

OP
karth95

karth95

Lord of the Cats
rather than waste all of your time on a new thread...
Ok, Is there any way to force quit 1964? if I'm using glide .253, and I accidentally hit something that makes the emu no longer the selected app, I can't get out of the glide screen. With pop-up ads showing up randomly, this happens more often than you would think. Anyone have a work-around?
Karth