What's new

Kirby 64 problem. (not the "there's no health meter" one)

IshtarD

Hey, I have a problem with Kirby 64 on Project64. I was playing just fine (except the not-really-dangerous health meter problem), but when I got to that first cottage (right after you get the first Shard), I can't go in. I keep going towards the door, but Kirby just enters and seems to walk endlessly within the door. How do I go "in" the house (change screens)?

Please answer, I really don't know why this is happening, I have the newest version of Project64, and I've experiemented with different plugins, but still, it won't work. Now I've tested "where" Kirby actually goes while inside the door: it seems he stays there, walking into a wall. I tested this via the double Burning power. You can always see the tracks of the flames on the outside of the wall and doors no matter how much you hold "right" on the D-Pad....... *sigh*

Last edited:

Pantuflo

What rom version are you using? Can you attach a save state?
I don't remember having that problem, so it would be very helpful if you could post a savegame or a screenshot.

OP
I

IshtarD

Um, for one, I don't know how to attach a file, but if I did, I'd be glad to. Second, I don't know how to check if my version of the rom is "old". I just run them through GoodN64 and Kirby seems okay.

Pantuflo

To attach a file, you can read the FAQ, or you can:
  • Click on "Post reply" button at the bottom of this thread page (or in the "go advanced" in the "quick reply" box)
  • Scroll down to "additional options" in the "reply to topic" page, and click on "manage attachments" button. Then, a new window will appear.
  • In that new window you'll have to search the file on your computer and then press the "upload" button. Then go to the bottom of the page an click on "close this window".
  • Finally, press the "Submit reply" button.

To told us what rom version do you have, go to your rom folder or look in your "project64" rom list, and note the ending of your rom, e.g. (U), (E).

About the problem, are you using some kind of cheat, save state...?

OP
I

IshtarD

Thank you very much for the short-and-sweet tutorial on attachments.

I didn't know you meant THAT kind of version. I thought you meant a numeral version, since you said "old"... I have the (U)[!] version, but that doesn't matter, because it seems the guilty dude was a cheat code which had somehow turned itself on (or it was me but I can't remember... maybe I just rummaged through the options and accidentally left it on). Anyhoo, your mention of cheat codes brought them to my attention so I went and checked them: one was on. I turned it off and now everything's ok. :) Thank you very much.