What's new

KI:Gold problem

White_Pointer

Well, as you can see I have only just registered here, so I'm not sure whether this has already been asked.

I've recently downloaded Project 64 v1.4 and so far I have been quite impressed with it's emulation. Definately the best N64 emulator I've ever used.

So far, I only have one real problem with it, and that is running Killer Instinct Gold. I admit, it is one of the few emulators that does actually run the game, but it is incredibly slow with graphic corruption on the 3D Rendered models and the character select screen. I have tried virtually all the graphics plugins available, and they either make the game worse, make no difference, or crash the emulator entirely. Currently I am using Jabo's Direct3D 6.0 (seems to run it better than 7.0).

Killer Instinct Gold appears on the compatible games list, however it really is not playable in the way it is currently emulated. The GUI, under the Status column tells me that it has Issues[plugin]...so it's not really "compatible", is it?

Is there anything I can do to get this game running at least to a playable level?

My current system specs are:

PIII 800
196 MB RAM
GeForce 2 MX
Sound Blaster Live!

The other games seem to run fine (with only a few glitches here and there) so it really has me stumped as to why KI:Gold runs so slowly.

Any help would be appreciated (which is the best plugin to use, and how it is to be configured).

White_Pointer

Smiff

Emutalk Member
KIG runs so slowly because the plugin does't have the heavy caching it needs for all those sprite-type games, KIG is the most obvious example. How "compatible" it is left up to you, personally I wouldnt try to play it, no - you aren't doing anything wrong.