What's new

just installed Xp

yogaman

Banned
okay, I installed xp professional and everything works fine. But there is one annoying thing: there is that XP professional "text" in the low right corner. I tried to change the design or used different backgrounds ....but the writing remains....
Does anybody know how to get rid of that?

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
erm.... used print screen ...but don't know how to get it done with xp ....?? I'm just used to win98 :(
I mean there is:

WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL
Build 2600

written in right corner ...... (just above the task bar) - If somebody can explain me how to use printscreen on xp I'll post a screenie ......

Ryoga

Lost
There is an option somewhere to "show windows version on desktop" but I can't remember where it is hidden, so use this utility instead.

www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

From the list on the right side of the screen choose TweakUI.

After downloading & installing, run it and click on General and the option to get rid of the text on the desktop will be at the bottom of the list.

Eagle

aka Alshain
It funny, that shouldnt be enabled by default though. Weird. By the way in Win2k+, M$ paint will do JPG files.

Stezo2k

S-2K
probably cuz he upgraded from a OS other than win9x, cuz i have installed XP quite a lot of times on my Pc, and it always never shows that even upgrading from win9x, it may be caused from using a beta version previously of a win OS

Stez

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
Ryoga said:
There is an option somewhere to "show windows version on desktop" but I can't remember where it is hidden, so use this utility instead.

www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

From the list on the right side of the screen choose TweakUI.

After downloading & installing, run it and click on General and the option to get rid of the text on the desktop will be at the bottom of the list.

thx ...that really helped!