What's new

Just beat Ocarina of Time

Beef Merciful

i never beat the console game, but i'm assuming that when you reach the "THE END" screen that you can restart the console and keep playing. how can i do this one p64?

also, how does majora's mask compare to ocarina?

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
i never beat the console game, but i'm assuming that when you reach the "THE END" screen that you can restart the console and keep playing. how can i do this one p64?

also, how does majora's mask compare to ocarina?

System > Reset?

;)

I don't even think you need to do that though, as far as I remember you just press start or a and it resets itself to the title screen (I could be wrong)

OP
B

Beef Merciful

still need help

wait a minute! i did a native save right before the battle with ganon's second form and i went through the whole end sequence up to the "THE END" screen. from what i can tell, you can't get past this screen by pressing any buttons, you must reset the system. when i did that and loaded my game, it went to a save point just as i'm walking into ganon's tower, not after i beat the game.

i only have one save state, which is the default save state, which is what p64 goes to after a system reset.

does anyone know how i can keep playing after i beat the game??

Alunalun

I completed this game several times on my N64. At the 'THE END' screen yes, the console locks up and you have to reset. When I re-loaded my file I started at the entrance to Ganon's castle because the game does not save in any way after you beat Ganon. So don't worry, your emulator/ROM is behaving exactly as the original game did.
Personally, I think the not-being-able-to-save-after-the-ending-credits thing is a homage to more retro games, where you had to switch on, play, and beat the final boss all in one session and then you switched it off.

About MM - I bought a special Zelda edition of NOM a while ago, and in it they said they actual considered MM their favourite Zelda game of them all. Contraversial!

Last edited:
OP
B

Beef Merciful

yeah, i really just wanted to walk around and talk to people and see how hyrule had changed, but i guess the end sequence is meant to bring closure to all of that.

thanks for the comments.