What's new

Joystick/Analog Stick question

Eagle132

I'm sure this question has been asked many times, but I can't seem to find them.

I have a wired Logitech RumblePad 2, and I've recently started using Project64. It works well, I have different motions of the controller bound to the respective keys, but I am curious if there is a way to make it actually like the N64.

For example, I cannot walk in Zelda: OoT, only run, and only in the four major directions. I wasn't sure if there is a way to be able to have full functionality of the analog stick and be able to walk or run in all directions, like in the actual game.

The games are definitely still playable, but it is rather difficult to control only being able to run, and in the four major directions.

Thanks!
-Eagle132

X-Fi6

If you haven't already installed its drivers, now's the time to do it.

If this doesn't fix it, you'll need to calibrate your gamepad. Do so by going to Control Panel --> Classic View --> Game Controllers --> Properties.

OP
E

Eagle132

It seem's to be calibrated correctly, and I do believe I installed the drivers. I just don't see where Project64 gives the option to use the analog stick instead of just the up down right left, so all I can do is run full speed in these directions, no diagonal or walking (walking by only pushing the analog stick over a little bit).

If there is a way to set up Project64 with the analog stick, that'd be great, I just don't see the option.

Thanks,
-Eagle132

Allnatural

If there is a way to set up Project64 with the analog stick, that'd be great, I just don't see the option.
There are no special steps involved, just map the U,D,L,R to your analog stick and you're good to go. Sounds like a calibration and/or driver issue to me.