What's new

Japanese Error

SilverMantis

:alien2:

Hello. I am quite new here and this is day one of Chankast for me. But ill get right to the problem. I have a Godzilla Generations CDI. I load it up using Daemontools (Drive F is the mounted image drive) and run Chankast. It goes all the way to the "General Entertainment" page before giving me this blue screen (or box) with japanese wording inside of it. Naturally, I cant read japanese, but I have a hunch it might have to do with the bios. Considering how difficult they are to find, I would hate to discover that I needed specific "japanese bios" for Chankast to run it, and im hoping someone here will provide me with an alternate solution that is simple and doesnt involve finding more bios. I do have a Japanese version of the DC_flash.bin but I dont know what version of the dc_bios.bin. Here is a picture of the problem screen.

JpnError.jpg

Please help

-=Orikon=-

I'm pretty sure it's saying it can't find a memory card or something (the first word is "memori-kado"). You should be able to get past this screen by pressing your configured start or a button, but you wont be able to save. But again, I'm not entirely sure. I dont think its a problem with the BIOS because I have the UK version and it plays japanese games fine

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
SilverMantis said:
:alien2:

Hello. I am quite new here and this is day one of Chankast for me. But ill get right to the problem. I have a Godzilla Generations CDI. I load it up using Daemontools (Drive F is the mounted image drive) and run Chankast. It goes all the way to the "General Entertainment" page before giving me this blue screen (or box) with japanese wording inside of it. Naturally, I cant read japanese, but I have a hunch it might have to do with the bios. Considering how difficult they are to find, I would hate to discover that I needed specific "japanese bios" for Chankast to run it, and im hoping someone here will provide me with an alternate solution that is simple and doesnt involve finding more bios. I do have a Japanese version of the DC_flash.bin but I dont know what version of the dc_bios.bin. Here is a picture of the problem screen.

JpnError.jpg

Please help
BTW: why are you using V0.2a?
0.25 is the newer one.