What's new

Jabo's Direct 3D8 issues

Vboy

EmuCrazy
Hello, I'm new here and have a question. When I try to play Ocarina of time, or Majoras Mask, this plugin has an extreme amount of issues. The grass is either black or it looks like the sky, and the subscreen shows Link as a stretched out shield and the backround doe's not match. You also cannot see rain or fire. I already beat the game on Nemu64 using Jabos 3D6 but I wanted to figure out how to get better results. Earlier about 5 months ago, this plugin was perfect but for some odd reason, now it's not. In Super Smash Brothers, there are thin lines all across the backround of a level and the Vs screen has nothing but black in the backround. I can play Mario Kart and Mario 64 perfectly but I don't have many roms so I don't know if many others may also be bad. 3D6 and OOT are fine but I just wanted to figure out this issue because 3D6 has some issues especially with the Pink dins fire, the missing odd mushroom end, the ice, fire, and light arrows, the issue with the slingshot, the misscolored dots in pause, the weird looking pixel like link in pause also making the backround look like this, and the missing nayru's love. There are some other issues but I don't want to make this thread too long. :plain:

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
No advanced options are checked. I think it's nvidia Geforce 420 something but whatever it is it sounds pretty good especially if my brother who works with computers got it. I found one other yesterday called gln64. It works perfectly except sometimes there is some flickering but this doesn't bother me too much. The only problems were when I fought Ganon again, the place where I was fighting him had lines of seperated fire instead of just fire but occasionally the subscreen delay code will show errors, so maybe I should switch from Nemu to 1964.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Didn't you ask this same thing in another thread? IIRC, you were given an answer that the D3D8 plugin won't work correctly with your graphics card.