What's new

Is there any PC controller similar to the N64 controlpad?

J

Juan Carlos

Hello.

I've been playing N64 roms lately in my PC. All of my games run well, except for some little imperfection, but that's OK; but I still have a problem refered with playing N64 games in a computer. I suppose you know how a N64 controller looks like; well... I can't find a similar controlpad for PC! Without a proper controller is quie difficult to play games like "Goldeneye" or "Perfectdark". Could anyone recommend me a specific PC controller model

To those who might read this, thanks

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Well, they make USB converters for N64 controllers you can use for your PC. There are lots of controllers out there these days that are, no matter what a company says about it, are designed for emulation. You'll have a tough time finding a controller that looks like a N64 controller, but there are some good alternatives. I've used my Microsoft Sidewinder and my Gravis Gamepad Pro's for years for n64 emulation, and they work great, and the gravis gamepad pro's only lack a would be L button, which most n64 games don't use for any good purpose anyway. I'm sure there are plenty of other controllers people are going to post after this, and most would suffice. :)

khanmeister

Banned
Modem said:
Well, they make USB converters for N64 controllers you can use for your PC. There are lots of controllers out there these days that are, no matter what a company says about it, are designed for emulation. You'll have a tough time finding a controller that looks like a N64 controller, but there are some good alternatives. I've used my Microsoft Sidewinder and my Gravis Gamepad Pro's for years for n64 emulation, and they work great, and the gravis gamepad pro's only lack a would be L button, which most n64 games don't use for any good purpose anyway. I'm sure there are plenty of other controllers people are going to post after this, and most would suffice. :)

The new wireless saitek controllers are awesome. However, they are more ps2 style than n64 style, which always makes the z trigger an issue.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
khanmeister said:
The new wireless saitek controllers are awesome. However, they are more ps2 style than n64 style, which always makes the z trigger an issue.

The wired Saitek P2500 works great too (and is probably cheaper :)). That the style is ps1/ps2 is true, but instead of the second pair of flippers it has two extra buttons on the front, making it more like N64. I agree that the Z-trigger could be an issue, but usually a game uses either the left flipper or the z-trigger (the hand can't physically control both after all). Well, at least the games I play use one or the other. Or neither for that matter.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
The Gravis Gamepad Pro is exactly like a PS controll (without analog), and the L1 equivelant button is great for the Z button. My controlls are pretty much:
L2=C-left L1=Z R2=C-right R1=R Triangle=C up Circle=C-right Square=B X=A Start=Start Select=L

Sounds a bit confusing, but works great for any game.

minkster

I use a Radio shack ps2/ps1 converter to play n64 games and they all work great for me... at least with the settings i got on it

sheik124

Emutalk Member
i know down at nathell.com they got a USB controller identical to a DualShock and they have the N64 Adaptiod, and if your more found of liksang.com they got em too