What's new

is it possible

smcd

Sure it's possible - you'll have to use something like a no-cd patch if it is affected by such nonsense though. Just install or copy over the files to the SD card and then run away

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
thank you
i was just thinking about backing up a few games to sd so that i don't have to cart the cds around with my laptop :D

Flash

Technomage
You can install game to any flash card, USB stick, DVD-RAM disc or anything else that suports random RW access, even RAM drive :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Off topic:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Drug Free For Life: 98% of the teenage population has
tried drugs at least once. If you are one of the 2%
who hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I bet you LOOOOVE your D.A.R.E officer. {}:{

Azimer

Emulator Developer
If you are just copying CD contents and don't actually intend to install the game onto an SD card, then you are safe.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
i was trying to see if i can install to SD
but i guess not :(

oh well thanks for the replies

Technically. You can. EEPROM has number of write cycles available before it wears enough to uselessness. Think of it like a piece of wood and sand paper. You can write on the piece of wood as often as you like, but every time you make a change you have to sand off what you wrote and replace it. Eventually you won't be able to sand off any more wood without it breaking in half. You should have between 10,000-1,000,000 writes available. You should check your card specifications and realize you will eventually wear it out. Hopefully it'll be no less than 3-5 years.

Be smart which games you install on there and you should be fine. Try one card before you waste too much money to ensure it's fast enough. I think that is all I can contribute. So don't get dismayed because I initially said it wouldn't work well. I should have explained further as something I wouldn't do personally.

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
thank you for explaining it i do not wish to damage my sd card

and any ways there is the copy guard problem,

but thank-you it has been very educating.