What's new

io erroR?

Mouser X

It's an input/output error. To my knowledge, it means that Chankast is not getting the information it expects to get. Are you running Daemon Tools 3.29 to access your disc images? If you had used the serach feature, you should have noticed that this question of yours comes up quite frequently. I can't think of any instances where someone has gotten this error when they used DT 3.29. So, if you're getting this error, that's what I'd suggest you do. Install and use DT 3.29. Though, I've also heard that if you're running WinXP SP2 that it can cause your system to do a BSOD. I'm still using SP2, so I can't say if that happens or not.

Anyway, hopefully that answered your question, as well as gave a possible solution to your issue. Mouser X over and out.

Mouser X

BSOD = Blue Screen of Death. To tell what version you're running, right-click on the "My Computer" icon, and then select "Properties" from the drop-down menu. It should say somewhere on there what you're running. And, for clarification, it'll be called Service Pack 1, or 2, depending on which you have. If it doesn't say either one, then DEFINATLY get at least Service Pack 1, since it that would imply that you wouldn't have either installed. It's quite important, actually.

If you have service pack 2 installed, then search these forums for "frog." Specifically, you're looking for some ASPI drivers, and I've seen them refered to as the Frog ASPI drivers. If you install that, then you might be able to play the games without installing Daemon Tools. Personally, I suggest you try DT first, if you don't have SP2 installed. If you do have SP2 installed, then either risk it, and install DT 3.29 (not always a good option, for some people), or install the Frog ASPI drivers. Good luck getting that sorted out. Mouser X over and out.

akumashizon

I've been having this exact same problem... I thought I'd have a look around these forums first though before asking a question that's probably come up a zillion times. :D

I'm using a P4 3.06gb with 1gb RAM machine with an ATI gfx card (Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb).

I've loaded up the images in DT (a program I use often) but I'm using a later version so maybe that's what the problem might be for me. I'll uninstall and install v3.29 and see if that works. If that fails then I'll try the Frog drivers (since I'm using SP2).

Just wanting to know though what do the Frog drivers do?

akumashizon

Just a quick update - installing v3.29 did the job (I thought I had that version installed already but I had the newest one installed). Also, having the Euro bios (as stated in the faq in this forum) was a BIG help as I was not aware of the red logo = Jap version and blue logo = Euro version.

SF3:3S is now working perfectly. :D

Hiei-YYH

hum... i know this topic is a bit old but... i'm using the latest version of daemon v4.03he and then i loaded the cdi image, when i try to see the cd contents, the windows say that is a unknow type and can't open... and in chankast, a lot of IO errors... i already opened the cd in magiciso, and gave me no errors :S i even converted to bin, but then chankast don't recognize the cd and go to music cd screen

the game is Resident Evil Code Veronica, i tried even with Alcohol 120% but no luck

Last edited:

Cobrax1884

Banned
it means that the image is not self-boot, search the forum to get the answer because i don't know /i don't need to make a image self-boot :)

Hiei-YYH

the image is selfboot, there is the files 1st_read bin and the others, but i can't open the image via daemon nor alcohol 120% both say the cd is a unknow format

Hiei-YYH

the image is CDI, i just converted to see if the error stops, and it stop, but then chankast can't read the cd

i don't know why daemon tools mount the image without errors, but then i can't access the cd :S

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Cobrax1884 said:
YES IT DOES! :D lol
OK, that's it. I had enough of this. You have a serious attitude problem. This is not a playground. I don't mind reading your (stupid in my opinion) comments as long as they are related to the corresponding thread. You only post irrelevant or misleading stuff. In other words, stop spamming the boards and behave yourself or else...

This is your last chance, don't waste it.

motoVlover

back to topic.

My problem solved!

The summary is short - JUST INSTALL daemon329.exe which is less than 500 kb.

for clickers: DAEMON Tools v3.29.0.0

and trust me. it's nothing about ASPI drivers, Windows Service Pack, blah blah... And yes, I am a happy man now.

PS. Resident Evil Code Veronica runs just great for me, but not Cyber Troopers sadly.