What's new

Integrated Sound

jack

Hi,

Schibo mentioned that the next release will also be the final release so I'd like to make a suggestion before it's too late: integrated sound. I think this would be the perfect solution to compatibility and quality. Nemu had integrated sound and it was fast, stable, and high quality. I imagine integrated sound can also increase compability by a long margin.

If integrated sound get added to the final release, then I will say 1964 went out with a bang. :1964:

Allnatural

:huh: You make it sound so easy. There's nothing inherently superior about integrated sound versus a plugin.

And FYI, Nemu uses an external audio plugin.

Glurak

azi mentioned that the zilmar specs are not really good for sound so maybe that's where an integrated sound thing could surpass an plugin

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
I am hoping this will happen.
Cause if the sound is integrated then the plugin could make better use of the core and be somewhat optimised. Rice has already mentioned something like that in regards to his video plugin and frame buffer emulation.
I really think that audio is the most underdeveloped part of the n64 scene. Although Jabo's is pretty much perfect, my comp is too slow for it to work great all the time.

Clements

With Mystical Ninja now fullspeed, you can hear numerous problems in the in-game sound. Sound plugins are not concentrated on enough IMO.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Donate a copy device? I can't get the Audio Interface emulation to work properly... That is why the game will not sync properly at 60 fps NTSC / 50 fps PAL with seamless audio. This is what I have been working on for the past weeks. It's good but not best.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
yo, Azi, best of luck to you... hopefully u will succeed with the function that you are working on.

By the way, I have a question,why does Jabo's Sound Plugin 1.5, which works prefect w/sync sound, only support Project64 1.5? Could it be something to do with the zelmar specs? ie jabo had to change it a little to make it work perfectly.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ra5555 said:
yo, Azi, best of luck to you... hopefully u will succeed with the function that you are working on.

By the way, I have a question,why does Jabo's Sound Plugin 1.5, which works prefect w/sync sound, only support Project64 1.5? Could it be something to do with the zelmar specs? ie jabo had to change it a little to make it work perfectly.
Actually, it works with any zilmar-spec compitable emulator. This support was taken out of 1964 on purpose because it wasn't stable.