What's new

In-Game Save Migration

Dormouse

Here's the thing. I was playing Zelda's Ocarina of Time in PJ64 for quite some while very happily. However upon reaching the forest temple i started getting consistent emulation errors that'd crash out. Couldn't get any further.

So i decided to try nemu. Load it up, looks gorgeous. However i can't for the life of my figure out how to transfer my in-game saves from PJ64 to Nemu. They both seem to be .sra files, however the Nemu one is 256k and the PJ64 one is 32k, and doesn't seem to be recognized when i put it in the folder, even after renaming it to exactly the same thing the Nemu one was.

Does anyone have any insight into this please?

Lemmy

Dormouse said:
Here's the thing. I was playing Zelda's Ocarina of Time in PJ64 for quite some while very happily. However upon reaching the forest temple i started getting consistent emulation errors that'd crash out. Couldn't get any further.

So i decided to try nemu. Load it up, looks gorgeous. However i can't for the life of my figure out how to transfer my in-game saves from PJ64 to Nemu. They both seem to be .sra files, however the Nemu one is 256k and the PJ64 one is 32k, and doesn't seem to be recognized when i put it in the folder, even after renaming it to exactly the same thing the Nemu one was.

Does anyone have any insight into this please?

I am not absolutely sure with this so don't quote me :) : LaC used the www.dextrose.com standard for save files but zilmar (for some reason I don't know) did not. I don't think you can easily convert the file (actually you could try using my LemAsm tool (www.nemu.com), load the save file, ignore the message, swap bytes, swap words, save again and try in nemu). I have never tried myself however.

OP
D

Dormouse

Well, i tried that. Though it still doesn't seem to be recognized by nemu. And the file is still 32k instead of 256k for what it's worth. I appreciate the idea though.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Afaik, they are not compatible.
And there is not a tool yet to convert savestates nor savegames...
Never knew why though

OP
D

Dormouse

Shrug. Fair enough. Might as well just start over with Nemu. Think i missed some things anyways, and was just barely to an adult.

Edit: Well my initial response to nemu is rather good. Noticeable improvement on graphics over pj64, and sound/music plays without skipping which is very nice.

However, in the inventory screen Link's graphics are corrupted, shoiwng a coloured box with some distorted text basically. And it seems to have a lot more issues with camera clipping, notably while z-targeting or during cut-scenes the camera seems to like to slip behind nearby walls making it rather difficult to actually see what's going on. Any thoughts?

Last edited: