What's new

Im new to Pj64. A few questions

Starkai

Hey everyone ive got my emulator running smooth and recently downloaded some plug ins.

More specifically:

Direct64 v0.5.0.3.25

N-Rage's Direct-Input8 v2 2.1

I do not know how to activate them or if they already are and I cant tell. I put them into Pj64's plug-in folder already. the .dll applications. Help is greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what to do next with them.

OP
S

Starkai

Bighead's EmuHelp is where i got it

is it outdated or something? and can you help me? i cant play pokemon snap cause the pictures i take arent showing properly :(

DETOMINE

It is outdated.
Latest version here

First you have to understand how project64 (and the vast majority of the N64 emulators...) works.

Project64 uses 4 types of plugins :
-Video : you have to use Glide64 (at least for that game)
-Audio : Azimer's HLE v.0.56 WIP 2 is generally a good choice, fallback to Jabo's Direct Sound 1.6.1 if needed
-input : Nrage is the only very good choice (You can use any version, but the latest is the best)
-RSP : the less you know about it, the better :p

What to do :
-download PJ64 and the PJ64 1.6.1 update from here
-install PJ64 then the 1.6.1 update
-install the 4.23 rdb file from here (download and replace the original project64.rdb with the one provided in the archive
-copy all the files beginning with glide from the plugin folder of the BigHead's pack into the plugin folder of project64
copy all the files from the requiered file folder of the BigHead's pack into the folder of project64 (i.e. the one with project64.exe in it)

Then :
-Launch Project64
-Go to Options Settings
-Chose the plugins you want to use (Glide 64/ Jabo audio / Nrage input)

Accept, then go to Options Configure Graphics Plugins and check the option "Read every frame (slow!)".

You should be able to play the pokemon snap game now.

Last edited: