What's new

I'm new, I have no knowledge about experienced tecnology and i need some help!

Intoxicated

Hi guys, first of all i'd just like to say that i love banjo/rareware games. I've been after this game for ages, and want to be able to play it, but unfortunately i can't.

Also, i have a fair amount of knowledge about computers and stuff, but really im not advanced in all this codig and command prompt stuff!

Well, i'm having a problem. I downloaded the Banjo tooie rom, and i load it, and the whole things switches off. do u guys know what the proeblem is? and if you do could u possibly tell me how to fix it if possible? in a really easy way for me to understand?
thanx guys

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

ok, i loaded it with project 64, it get's to 100% and then says that the emulation has started but it stays black. What do u think's wrong?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It's a bad rom I think... try to check it with goodN64. Because you are new I recommend using GoodGUI

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

i got it working thank goodness. it was nothing t odo with the rom, but all i need now is to transfer my natural saved file from the 1964 to PJ64...i have the azimer saveswapper, but i need to know how to load stuff from PJ64!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If it's a pj or 1964 savestate, you can directly import it to pj using the import savestate command. See the manual.

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

is the manual the readme? cuz if it i read it...and this is what it says...:

---------------------readme start----------------------
Ok... I spent a VERY small time on this program so bare with me...

Purpose:

This program will convert SRAM and FlashRAM files from one format to another.

Use:

1. Run this program.
2. Select a file to be converted.
3. Type in the name of the file for destination.
4. If a success dialog box comes up ok then it's all good.

Warnings:

*** BACK UP YOU GAME BEFORE CONVERTING!!! ****
You can do this easily by right clicking on the rom and clicking copy.
Then click somewhere other then the save game and click paste. It's now backed up.

This will convert the games from the following formats:

N64 Endianess Reversed Endianess
------------------------------------------------------------
Copy Device Dumps TR64
Apollo PJ64
NEMU
Daedalus???

*** NOTICE ****
The programs in the columns are compatible! Just rename them. (NEMU's Zelda OOT SRAM is compatible with Apollo's)
You MUST use this utility to convert the save games for use in the other column.

ex. Apollo->PJ64
NEMU->TR64
N64 Endianess->Reversed Endianess
TR64->NEMU

-Azimer
---------------------readme end----------------------

btw i need help in these threads awell, i was wondering if you could maybe check them out too...
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=23082

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=23968

thx

xamenus

He means the Project64 manual. In PJ64, go to Help, then User Manual. Then go to "Using Project64", then choose "saving and loading game progress".

Clements

You can use my PJ64 save. I'm passed the fire egg switch with 7 jiggies. Better than nothing.

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Clements said:
You can use my PJ64 save. I'm passed the fire egg switch with 7 jiggies. Better than nothing.

ooh ok..thanx! could u possibly tell me what jiggies ur still to get, cuz i ad way more than u! lol! oh and i readt that user manual ages before also, but it stil wasn't helpful because im not a very technical sort of person! lol

so where do i put this save...in the save area? and wuld it load if i just clicked on the slot maybe?

EDIT: it can only open pj and zip files...do i leave this banjo tooie rom the way it is and open it?

Last edited:

Clements

Just put it in the Save directory and start your game normally. I have no idea which jiggies I got, but you can use the pause menu to find where I got them and work it out that way.

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

oh ok kool. yeah i as thinking i had to check that out...no problem! btw i edited my post above...u might ant ot read that...lol

EDIT: also...if im saving in slots...would i be able o load them? how would i load them? it's probably straightforward but i just want to make sure because i don't want to go too far into the game and i can't save and load!

EDIT2: it's not loading...

Last edited:
OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

ok here's what i just fouind out by myself. In the 1964 file menu i went to save state then clicked on 'to pj64 state' and makes a .pj file. i try to loadit in pj64 but it doesn't load!

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

well i somehow managed to do it it kinda works...but it freezes. see this pic:
tdukli.jpg

and then after a while i comes on screen but after 1 second, this message shows up:

Failed to load word
verify rom and rom settings

Do u guys know what i have to do to stop this happening?

and btw, that save file that you gave me clements, worked, i realised i had to begin from the actual start not save slots etc.
speaking of slots, are there any loading and saving slots? can u enable them somehow?

after figuring this out, this hopefully should be the last you hear of me...im sorrry if ive been such a pain lol

Clements

For the freeze, I have no idea since that is not normal.

There are slots. They are under System > Current Save State. You can also save a state under any name and load it manually. Do not overuse the slots or they will mess up your game, so save occaisionally using the in-game pause menu.

OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

oh ok...but are there loading slots?
EDIT: never mind that question ^^^^^^^^^i know what to do now lol.

All i wanted to ask you know is if you beat targitzan in mayahem temple...if you have please let me know, because i think that's the remaining missing jiggy, if it isn't hen i have yet to find the last one!

please let me know as soon as possible!

thx

Last edited:
OP
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

nvm i think u have. the only jiggy left i think is the one on pillars if im correct!

thanx for all your help

Federelli

Beta Tester
The Banjo Tooie rom will hang with nemu as soon as you enter the place that's guarder by the guard, so it's no use playing it in Nemu64 since it hangs very early ingame