What's new

iCade - 8-bitty, i've got two of these heading my way should be here tomorrow

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Can't wait to enjoy some good old arcade gaming again on my iPhone4S and iPad2 with these. I do tend to enjoy screen mirroring to my ATV2 for fun on the 47' TV (only wish I could rotate it full page, lol). Having some real controllers should makes it even more fun for several games. I had been using some Wii controllers when I was jailbroken but I have since updated to IOS6 and was missing some gaming in iMame (thankfully I was one of those lucky souls whom got it from the AppStore before they killed it:) ). Anyway I can get my fix again.

I understand it should work with PC's too ? I'll report back if they do.

LT

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Well the controller itself is very responsive and no lag noticed at all. Feel just like a NES controller in your hands with more buttons. Buttons first off are not marked at all, no select, start, A, B, whatever. The button mapping is a little bit strange, mainly just used it in iMAME so far. What would be the 'select' button for instance is coin in like one would probably think however 'start' isn't used it is the left shoulder button. Once in game, say Donkey Kong, d-pad is up, down, left, right and one of the four red buttons is jump. I've heard other users stating though that a number of IOS games themselves use the 'select' and 'start' as jump and fire. Anyway I need to play more but so far I like it. There are simply some game that I keep looking at saying I bet that would be fun with a real controller ..... iMAME for sure is and I'll be checking out a few more.

I almost forgot, you cannot use two controllers at once :( I didn't realize I guess that they show up to IOS initially as BT keyboard so you can only have one at a time.

Last edited: