What's new

i want to connect my laptop win98 2ed to my winxpro pc by direct connection by useing

M

mainframe19

a usb cable!

i have to of the that used to goto a printer.

i was thinking about spliting the two cords and makeing one usb cable.

does any one know how i can do this?? and can a direct connection be done this way????? and if so than how???

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
mainframe19 said:
a usb cable!

i have to of the that used to goto a printer.

i was thinking about spliting the two cords and makeing one usb cable.

does any one know how i can do this?? and can a direct connection be done this way????? and if so than how???

Try using a cat5 instead.

Even if you can get the usb connection to work, it's gonna be slow as hell. 11mbit instead of 100mbit from using a cat5.

OP
M

mainframe19

i mean my laptop only has a usb port, with no network card in it.

so i want to do a usb to usb connection.

thanks for your help any way! ;)

OP
M

mainframe19

i got it all wired up last night and connected my to laptops and all i got was this ticking noise , one that had no hd, but the hd light was on, even with no power cord hooked onto it, no with no battery!

the hd light keep flashing!

so was up with that!!

Eagle

aka Alshain
I'm not sure if its possible for a direct connect with a usb cable, the structure of the usb cable is that the computer sends everything, including power, to the usb device in most cases and I dont really think its possible for it to do that to a laptop. Your laptop doesnt have ANY other port types? Serial, Parallel, RJ45 (ethernet), or telephone modem would all work.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
there are such things as USB-Ethernet adapters. they connect to a computer's USB port and work like an external network card. they're slow (due to usb limitations), but they work. Rogers cable gave me one of those when they installed cable internet in my house (cheap bastards...). i promptly removed it and plugged the cable into my real NIC.