What's new

I Need Help

Saphire

Hey, guys, I'm kinda new to the whole Emulator thing. I just got the Dolphin emulator and got a few games, but I cannot figure out how to get it to work. If you could help me out, and walk me through the installation of the patches/updates that'd be great. I know this must be boring to read over and over again, but I just cannot figure this out alone. Thanks alot.

-Saphire

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Simplest answer: your PC CD/DVD drive can NOT read original games if that's what you're trying to do. If you already have the game images (gcm) then please be a little more specific with your problem. There's no way for anyone to know what your trouble may be.

OP
S

Saphire

No, i didn't try to put any discs in (already read about that) I dled Super Smash Bros in 12 pieces zipped down, but i couldn't extract the files inside of the archive. Any idea why?

OP
S

Saphire

raksmey1309 said:
Just extract from the first rar file.

That's the thing, I tried to extract the files and I couldn't. I get an error that says it's either a different format or damaged... did I just get a bad set of files?

Branz_mf

Try extracting the first rar file not containing numbers, example

***.rar - the first file you must extract.
***.rar.001 - don't start extracting contents from this file containing numbers or you will probably get an error message and think the file is damaged.
If you get the same error message you better use Advanced Rar Repair to fix the corrupted file (not tested and i'm not sure if it works).

Last edited:
OP
S

Saphire

There aren't any files that aren't numbers, here's what I'm seeing:

SSBM.part01
SSBM.part02
SSBM.part03
SSBM.part04
SSBM.part05
SSBM.part06
SSBM.part07
SSBM.part08
SSBM.part09
SSBM.part10
SSBM.part11
SSBM.part12

I was considering finding some more ISOs rar'd down to see if it was just the file and the location I dled it from, but I still can't seem to find any site... will keep you updated.

Branz_mf

If you get the same error message, you're fuked!!
because the files might be corruped.

Last edited:

Clements

Yes. It is infuriating when people come to the forum for help in extracting an archive they have illegally downloaded.

OP
S

Saphire

Clements said:
Yes. It is infuriating when people come to the forum for help in extracting an archive they have illegally downloaded.

Okay, I did not know that it was Illegal to download those ISOs. I do now. So, how exactly do we get them to our PC then?

alex4862

Guys, pls, I need help too... ...I already installed the Dolphin in my computer (ps I have two systems Win XP S.Pack 2 and Win98) In my Win XP I can open the resident evil 4 with ISO image but is very slow and does not matter if I setup to 800x600 or 1024x768 or setup antianalising or not, the time of the delay is the same my CPU go to 100% and the game run slowly... because this fact my feeling is about that some configuration in my computer is wrong or not according the Dolphin.
And installing in Win 98 the plugins does not work.

Sorry for my english and, pls, I really to play this game.. if somebody can help me pls help me!!!

Dolphin V 1.02

Athlon XP 2600, 512Mb DDR 400MHZ, HD 7200rpm, Radeon 9600 PRO, ASUS A7V8X-X, DVD RW.
OS Win XP SP 2 and Win 98
Thanks a lot

Miretank

Lurking
even I'm not being a great gc-emu-freak I can answer you alex4862. simply: all gc emulators can't run all games, and the games they run always runs slow. right now, whinecube runs Bust A Move in good speed (100% it isnt?), but only this game.
You wanna play RE4? try it in a gamecube itself ;)

alex4862

Miretank... in my conputer is runing very very slow, I cant play is just leg..
SO, I will do another question, is possible just to play (no matter if is perfect like GC or not) in a computer?

thanks