What's new

I Need Help ( The Backgrounds Are Crazy)

linkindarf

how do I fix the graphics? when I play any game the background goes crazy but the game is completely playable. Is there a way to fix this? :1964:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You're going to need to provide a bit more information

1. Provide system spec, video card, ram etc...
  2. Provide the plugins you are using at the moment
  3. Tell us which Rom it is as well.

There are a number of general things you can try
  1. Updating your video card's drivers
  2. Try different video plugins.

OP
linkindarf

linkindarf

1.5 ghz, 705 mb of ram, pentium 4, radeon IGP 345m

that's usually the only program I leave open...

the roms work perfectly on project 64 but sometimes there's lag...

on 1964 the games were perfect except the backgrounds are crazy...

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
1964 is faster than Project64 with some games. With 1964 0.9.9 and earlier, it's known that with some games, to have proper background GFX rendering, the RSP plugin from Project64 is required. The RSP plugin from Project64 has JPG decompression. Sorry, required to wait until at least 1964 1.0 before 1964 possibly even includes JPG decompression support.

Last edited:
OP
linkindarf

linkindarf

are you saying that I just couldn't take the plugin from project 64 and put it with 1964?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
RJARRRPCGP: JPG decompression support? I'm fairly sure 1964 0.9.9 already has that. check again mate ;)

I've seen the 2d backgrounds in Zelda work perfectly in 1964 without rsp.dll (the JPG ones)

Linkindarf: Yes you can do that but you've still not given enough information... Read my last post, nobody can help you until you provide a bit more, like the Plugins you are using on 1964 that are "crazy" and the games name in paticular.

Emulators are a complex thing so you must provide as much information as possible.. after all! we're not all phychic!

You definatly should try taking jabo's video plugin from project64, it is the best near enough, (reason its not in 1964 is because its a part of project64 so thats why the manual installation is needed.)

Last edited:
OP
linkindarf

linkindarf

I'm still using the original plugins that came with it... like the "rice" one

HECK YES THANKS MAN I BOW IN YOUR HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!

you fricken helped me out a lot...

I thank all of you...

adding the project 64 plugins is what fixed it...

I now can see without having a seizure from messed up backgrounds...

Last edited:

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
You should really upgrade to a newer version of Rice's plugins. 5.6.0 is the latest version, and can be found on the Plugins download area.

Trotterwatch

You'll find the backgrounds at certain parts will still be missing. 1964 0.83? I think that's the version fixes it though when used with Rices/Glide64 and I think Direct64.

PJ64 works fine latest version with those plugins too.