What's new

I hope...

ThisFeeling

...you don´t beat me for this but I got some probs with even starting Chankast. I got the new Version 0.25 but it came in a *.txt file. Also I got the recommended 2 *.bin filez but as a total newbie I don´t know what to do now? ;-/
Starting this Daemon Manager and loading the Soul Calibur.iso didn´t work after all. What to do?
Forgive me for being kinda dumb. :alien2:

yiggs

no one's gonna beat you...... but it pays to search the forum first

hehe....
anyway.... if you've got everything it shouldn't be a problem.

go into daemon tools... (make sure you have version 3.29... the newer versions might not work), mount your game... in this case soul calibur.
once its mounted, run chankast, and set the drive to whatever drive you mounted the image on. then click run gdrom.. should work..... im playing soul calibur right now :icecream:

OP
T

ThisFeeling

Thx so far. ;-) But there is the main problem...I got no Chankast.exe...the download of the newest version only gave me something called "ChankastAlpha025rar.txt"
Renaming it into *.exe didn´t change anything...only a black screen for about one second came up. The Deamon workz fine by the way. ;-)

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
ThisFeeling said:
the download of the newest version only gave me something called "ChankastAlpha025rar.txt"

tss.. tss.. you haven't download chankast as it should be... but you can correct your mistake, rename your file to "chankastalpha025.rar" and just unpack it (with winrar), and... tadaaa... you have the files !!!

OP
T

ThisFeeling

Aaaah...here we go. After getting even WinRar it works...now wish me something good....I try to start it. ;-)

Thx by the way!

OP
T

ThisFeeling

God damit! Even if its kinda slow...I almost lost a tear. ;-) Never thougth to play SC on my PC. Now I only need an US-Version...my spanish isn´t that good after all. ;-p
Does Chanka got a memorycard included or is that some kind of extra software?

Jackl

You might have go into the bios menu and clear out the virtual memory cards.

For some reason when first create them they are "full".

mezkal

Man on a mission
Jackl said:
You might have go into the bios menu and clear out the virtual memory cards.

For some reason when first create them they are "full".

Jackl, as per standard Dreamcast practice the virtual VMU's (lol) are unformatted. They MUST be formatted with the DC BIOS Memory Card section prior to use.

Cheers

lil' Hobo

mine didnt.

Straight outta the package to.

Theres also a thread around here that has a guys already formatted card on it If that helps. Its not to old. 2nd Post in the thread I belive.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
ThisFeeling said:
Now I only need an US-Version...my spanish isn´t that good after all. ;-p
That's not a spanish version, it's only your bios, change it to Pal and select English or German or... and you're game is these language. That's it, easy isn't it? You don't have to learn spain!?! :p

OP
T

ThisFeeling

How to do that? I only figured out that switching the cable to "NTSC" letz me into the options menu of the Dreamcast and there I can change the language to german. But every time I start the game I have to change it again and again and again and....not the hell of work but it would be nice if it stays forever on german. ;-)

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
ThisFeeling said:
How to do that? I only figured out that switching the cable to "NTSC" letz me into the options menu of the Dreamcast and there I can change the language to german. But every time I start the game I have to change it again and again and again and....not the hell of work but it would be nice if it stays forever on german. ;-)

right click on the bios file, in properties, unset read only, launch chankast without cd, in the bios you make your change (don't change the clock values), then quit chankast, and return to set read only...

edit* but you loose an opportunity to learn spanish language :happy:

Last edited:
OP
T

ThisFeeling

Ah....great stuff. Thx. ;-) But spanish was kinda useful. If you want to say "You win....but the soul still burns" just use "Usted gana. Pero todavía del alma las quemaduras."
You´ll never know when you might need it. ;-D