What's new

I have a question about Luigi's Mansion?

Evil Cyborg

Gokule
I have a question about Luigi's Mansion

I know Luigi's Mansion only boots in interpreter,
But why doesn't it boot in DynaRec?
Are there any reasons or ideas why?

( By the way, I have already searched the forums about this)

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Could be the signal format (he may be using an NTSC copy, while your copy may be PAL). In any event, interpreter is always more precise than a recompiler. That's how it is for ALL emulators. This tends to make an emu slower, but also more compatible. Dynarec is a feature used to "cut corners" in a way by dumping what the emulator calculates as "unecessary code and instructions", thus it may be dumping vital parts of the game's instructions in favor of a higher framerate, and since this emu is still in beta, the recompiler isn't fully optimized yet. As with most new emus that are still WIP, the ideal way to test a game is through interpreter, and if it runs in there, try it in recompiler and see if it gets anywhere.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No, dynamic recompilation basically means that the emulator "translates" the instructions of the system it's emulating to PC instructions. But it isn't always that simple...
What you speak of is HLE. That means it tries to emulate the behaviour of the system, to achieve the same results as the system, but not necessarily in the same way.

Last edited:

Fool

Me
:huh: ummm I really don't understand it. I've got my own ripped PAL version 1.4 GB size. I works with Dynarec preety well. So much faster than with Interpreter