What's new

I have a bunch of general and game-specific questions

hamburglar

I downloaded Chankast after I got my new PC a few days ago. So far I have 7 games, 4 of them have worked but I haven't been able to get Skies of Arcadia, Rayman 2, and Record of Lodoss War to work. I know Skies of Arcadia doesn't work yet, but on the compatability list RoLW is listed as working and Rayman 2 is listed as untested. With Rayman 2 I am having the same problem that is listed in the compatibility thread where it reaches the title screen but crashes when you select new game, has anyone gotten around this? Or should I try to find another image? With RoLW the emulator crashes every time shortly after showing the Sega logo. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you get around it? Because it's listed as working under the compatibility list. The 4 games I got to work are Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Tony Hawk 2, and Ikaruga, both Sonic games worked fine for a while and then crashed, Ikaruga worked fine from what I played, and Tony Hawk 2 had lots of graphical errors but still worked.

For my other questions, can someone explain saving to me? I launched the VMU browser during a game, and there wasn't any files listed and it said I had 0 blocks free, and I tried hitting some of the buttons but none of them appeared to do anything. Do I have to launch the browser before starting a game, or am I just completely missing something? Also, is there anyway to limit the framerate? Tony Hawk was running way too fast (like 120 FPS) and it made it difficult to play. Finally, how accurately are the graphics emulated? I've only played a little bit on a real Dreamcast so I can't really judge, but the graphics in the games I've played definitely seemed sub-Dreamcast quality, specifically the textures seemed really blurry, like on N64 games.

EMUUSER

i think you didnt read the "old" thread

different machine have different problems depends on different spec.
so, dont waste too much time on it if you cant play it
this emu is on developing and it still has many compatiable problems

*if you found some game it started in a black screen and halted/crashed
before the logo appears, you can try this: open a new windows whatever
it is (it might be notepad or explorer your like) before you run the game.
then run the game when you see the black screen and the ftps indicator is
shown in left bottom position, when it is stop(or you feel it is going to
crash), you switch to the other windows and turn back to the emu window,
it "might" work nornally.

* i hope you would know some non self-boot disc must use boot disc

how to save?
you run the emu but please dont run games, you will see a setup menu.
there is 4 icons in the screen, choose the vmc and format it.

* you must format the vmc in the setup screen before you play games.
some games cant play if you havent formated the vmc.

use the +/- in a right hand side (no. pad) on a standard keyboard
+ increase cpu speed
- decrease cpu speed

i hope this can help you, and sorry for poor eng.

Last edited: