What's new

How to use Rice's video plugin and to report problems

Troublemaker

Well I don`t have that problems with 1964 0.8.5, I tried 0.9.9 version with Rice`s 5.0.1 video plugin and it`s working, but it`s hella slow, when 0.9.9 version is working with 5.3.1 plugin it`s working fast(normal) but only problem is that in major cases it won`t work(it doesn`t have anything to do with what rom do I start). And to mention that 0.9.9 version is working fine with jabos 1.5.1 video plugin.

DarkvaleN

Radeon 9800 and Rice´s video plugin 5.3.1 findings

Here are a few shots of Rice´s video plugin.
All of them are various problems in the next games:

Hope this help people with radeon and Rice with develompent ;-)
Plugin Specs: DirectX, High end Combiner, Flip Color, SW T&L Enabled, Default Filters, Defaults in the ini for all games.
These Settings are that works best with my Graphic Card. An ATI Radeon 9800 XT with Catalist 3.10.

-Shadow-

Banned
1. Your Catalyst is out of date !
2. Try the Unofficial release of daedelus 5.2.0 that rotterwatch has posted. It is programmed for radeons.

3. Its off-topic , but : how the hell can you get to ikana canyon with 7 energy hearts ? On my Original n64 , i went to ikana with 12 hearts .And now on the emu , i just got the gilded sword and got already 8 hearts !

DarkvaleN

Some more Shots with rice 5.3.1

I´m going to test that release to see if it has any diffs.
Meanwhile i´ve taken some more shots with 5.3.1

Btw H3ad5h0tter, i have 7 hearts because i completed the other dungeons 2 times to rescue all the fairies and get the 1/2 damage. I´m planning get those extra hearts when i finish Ikana canyon, before the final dungeon.

My other Specs:
P4 3.2, Windows XP SP1 up to date,Shots taken using 1964 0.99

Trotterwatch

2. Try the Unofficial release of daedelus 5.2.0 that rotterwatch has posted. It is programmed for radeons.

This is worth doing, though it is worth noting that this isn't actually programmed for Radeons. It just happens to be a build that works better with Radeons (in so far that it is more stable).

zargos

I have got a Geforce4 MX 440 64MB TV (with Athlon XP 2400+ and 512MB RAM).

What is the best configuration for this graphic card, please?

Thank you.

ryanraab

zargos said:
I have got a Geforce4 MX 440 64MB TV (with Athlon XP 2400+ and 512MB RAM).

What is the best configuration for this graphic card, please?

Thank you.

I almost have the same card has you I picked defuelt settings and for the conbiner I picked To Fit Card. All games I play work perfect. Hope this helps. If have problems I'll see if I can help more. Still testing new version so I'll get back to you. Only test directx mode for now. I'm checking to see if opengl is better I'm guessing it should be.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
All the plugins that I've tried seem to have a specific problem with Shadowgate 64 (E). When the game shows 2d moving graphics (this happens during the ingame videos) speed falls from 50fps to 0-20fps. Is it possible for Rice to fix this on a later version of his video plugin since he was able to fix similar problems? (ex: Lylat Wars, Minchief Makers)

Keither_Crane

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

See the staus bar glitching out? Other than that, this game runs perfectly. Could someone tell me how to fix this bug?

Clements

Enable 'Alternative texture size calculation' in the Current game options in Rice's Video settings to fix the hud.

raphsing

the games when I put it in full screen don't stop to blink... why?

I have a g-force 6600 . driver nvidia 81.95 and the smoothing and the enhacement effects don't work the 2d - textures are still having bad appearence.

Owen9456

*cough* *cough*

greenstuff.png

Does dumping green textures instaid of normal ones count as a bug? :(

Ive been annoyed with this problem, and nomatter what rom i try to get textures off of, it still dumps slighty green textures.