What's new

How to turn off ABL?

EleventhMercury

I read the manual on Project 64's website and it said the option to turn off ABL was under the advanced tab in settings. I looked for it there, but could not find it. These are the options it gives me:

✔Start emulation when rom is opened?
✔Automatically compress instant saves
Enable debugger
Remember selected cheats
✔Frame rate display

Please help me find this setting so I can turn it off. Thanks. I have the 1.7 version of Project 64.

F

Fanatic 64

Avanced Block Linking is turned OFF by default in Project64 1.7.0.50.23, this setting cannot be changed.

You can turn ABL ON and OFF per ROM, trough. Options/Settings/Config: [ROM NAME]/Recompiler.

OP
E

EleventhMercury

Btw, I refuse to help you anymore because on the pj64 forums it says you don't have access to 1.7 XD

Yeah my friend was the one who convinced me to use emulators in the first place. He linked me to Project64 1.7 so I used it for a bit. I told him it was giving me issues so he recommended I try 1.6 now. Hence, why this 1.7 thread was made before the 1.6 one.

At the time I didn't know what I was doing. I still don't know much of anything about emulators though.

death--droid

^ Project64 development is more alive then it has been in the past year or so if i say so myself

Last edited:

death--droid

Zilmar is the main developer/programmer of Project64 itself in matter of fact hese written and re-written the emulator pretty much completely by himself, Jabo worked mainly on the plugins.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
1.7 certainly wasn't going anywhere, every beneficial change made something else break.

if zilmar's taken it right back to base, we might see something awesome when its done :D

dazey238

1.7 certainly wasn't going anywhere, every beneficial change made something else break.

if zilmar's taken it right back to base, we might see something awesome when its done :D

IIRC the original thing with 1.7 was to go the LLE route - seems like Zilmar, MarathonMan and Hacktarux may all now be doing their own versions of pretty much the same thing :p

All good though obviously :D