What's new

How to speed up shenmue

Rodders

Banned
Hi I'm playing shenmue and when I'm in town the FPS is really slow although the graphics look nice compared to that of a Dreamcast. It runs at about 16FPS is there anyway to speed this up abit I think 20-22 should do the job. Can I speed the fps up cuz that would rock and its a great game.

My Specs

AMD ATHLON XP 2400
256mb RAM
NVIDIA 5200FX

Thanks for your time.

Rodders

emcsquared

first, you did you try all the stuff from Chankast?
You can go to Help > Contents > Getting Started > Step 4: Optimizing The Emulator

OP
R

Rodders

Banned
Yes Ive looked through the helpfile checked the different priorities but nothing seems to work. I also notice u could overclock the emulation CPU this may work but when i press the + key it doesnt seem to do anything and the cpu still reads at 100.

Last edited:

emcsquared

hmm, maybe you have to wait for the next release then, so far all my games are slow, around 14fps.

1.4 celeron
640mb ram
radeon 9000 128mb

shenmue 1 or 2? ill try to get a copy and try it myself

Strange

Shenmue is a complex game, you simply haven`t enough CPU power(especially Celeron user) Even with my CPU it works with about 35-40fps but sometimes slow down to 20-25...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Fuck, quit intel bashing, jesus fucking christ that is getting really annoying. :/

"especially Celeron user" ... haw.

Last edited:

Strange

2 cooliscool
You see intel bashing in every my post? OR MAYBE IT IS NOT TRUE WHAT CRAPPY Celeron 1.4 is not f*cking enough for Shenmue?! Cut it out already, you are really annoying.

Guus

cooliscool is right, stop that shit Strange. We indeed see intel bashing in to much of your posts.

Strange

Whatever. Its just your sic imagination. I already told what i think about it all in SoulCalibur thread.

Last edited: