What's new

How to slow down Chankast

Birs

Hi!
I'm an old Chankast user... I had give to myself a new PC for Xmas.
It is an almost highend config, and i installed the Chankast to my new PC, and i was absolutly amazed. It runs at 120+ fps. It is great that my new PC is a speed demon, but are there any method to limit fps to max 60? (i had done Soul Calibur less than 3 minutes)
I hope someone can help.
My old PC was an 1.4 Ghz AMD Athlon XP, and on that machine the chankast was slow (almost unplayable). The new is too fast... My DC has wrong optical drive. AAHHHHhhhhhh------.......____
Please help me!!!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
You should probably try nulldc...
It's more compatible than chankast and it should run your games with the normal speed with a decent computer!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The answer to the original question: You can try forcing 60hz by forcing VSync in your video card driver settings and setting your monitor to 60hz.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Also, if you still want to use Chankast and forcing vsync alone doesn't work, Force vsync AND run fullscreen.

(Man i wish there was a sort of generic frame limiter for DirectX when the vsync doesn't work. Ya know, just hook into the flip buffers function and pause until the time is met. Hmm, i should try that some day.)