What's new

How to Learn to make Emulators?? help please

combomember

Hello,

Thanks very very much for your hard work on Jnes.

please i have many questions i wanted to ask:

i am a beginner progammer i used to program small and stupid games in Qbasic when i was kid.

i want to be a proffesional programmer..

1- What is the Way you learnt the Assembly of NES and the Assembly of PC.
Is it by a Book or a Teacher or Urself by watching other's Samples ? or what? and what you recommend me?

2- Also how can i learn the Advanced C language ? As i only learnt just how to Print " Hello world" and do loops and functions ?

Thanks alot. :king:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
lol, not a good way to approach programming.

not a hope in hell can you go from making a hello world app to a nes emulator.

get real and just make some small programs to start with

Garstyciuks

I am a self taught programmer. You can learn C by reading a lot of articles about it and making some small programs. I would suggest you reading a tutorial about C/C++ at www.cplusplus.com, and you can get some books about it. The same goes about assembly programming.

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, you definitely need a firm grasp of whatever language you're going to use before you write an emulator. Even "simple" emulators are complicated compared to the regular programs people write. When you feel comfortable with the language you choose to start out with, try a Chip8 emulator. And for help learning a programming language you can usually find a cornucopia of information just by Googling for "[name of language] tutorial". Usually C and C++ are used for writing emulators, and if you have previous programming experience, it probably won't be too hard to migrate over to one of them.

OP
C

combomember

Thanks very much Toasty & Garstyciuks & zion for ur fast reply .

I am very happy now because i knowed the way to the learning. I may start reading the articles and tutorials and i will try to start Chip8 as you mentioned.
It will take a time i know but Programming is my work and the univercity subjects of our computer science is not related to programming.. so i will make my work through internet.

Thanks again & again :)

Cyberman

The primary thing is to consider programming like trying to run long distance. You have to start running but you also have to train and get in shape. Do things that help you learn and grasp concepts then consider the more difficult things. :)

Cyb

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Thanks very much Toasty & Garstyciuks & zion for ur fast reply .

I am very happy now because i knowed the way to the learning. I may start reading the articles and tutorials and i will try to start Chip8 as you mentioned.
It will take a time i know but Programming is my work and the univercity subjects of our computer science is not related to programming.. so i will make my work through internet.

Thanks again & again :)

no problem , sorry if i seemed a bit blunt :p