What's new

How to get my gamepad to work????????

turbodsm

Hi, I am new on this board. I just downloaded 1964, and GoldenEye 007, and Mario kart 64. The games look and sound great, but I cannot use my gamepad. This is the gamepad that I have, can I use this to play those games, if so, can someone please tell me how?

I looked in all the pull down menus, and I found the input settings to be as follows: start:enter, A:Z, B:X, D-pad:arrows, A-stick:arrows. When I used those limited controls to play GoldenEye, I could not move or shoot the gun, only thing I could do was look up and down, and change guns, etc.

When I used the 'Z' and 'X' buttons on Mario Kart, I could not jump, or shoot the shells, or use the mushroom, etc. All I could do is use the accelerator. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please help a newbie out :D :happy:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Make sure your Windows drivers work. Can you use the gamepad in any other games?

Try grabbing Jabo's DirectInput plugin and see if that works.

OP
T

turbodsm

yeah the gamepad is plug and play for any other game. I looked for that jabo plug-in, cannot find it. When I find it, do I just download it to the same location as 1964, and it will automatically be installed to 1964, or how do I add the plug-in to the emulator.

Thanks

Trotterwatch

Download Pj64 1.5 to get Jabos Direct Input - oh and when you get the plugin you have to put the plugin into the 1964/plugins folder.

If you want you can put every plugin into one folder, and then use the options of the Emulator to change the path - for example everyone of my plugins goes into the PJ64/plugins folder (saves wasting diskspace on loads of duplicated plugins).