What's new

How to get chankast runnnig?

tuta

Im new here and I juz downloaded a DOA 2 ccd inmage mount it with daemon tools 3.29.Got the bios also.
It runs at first after the sega logo it juz freezes of wats my problem?
And I tried on chankast .25 and .2a

OP
T

tuta

Windows XP home edition , Pentium 4 , 512 MB ram and grafic card ATI X 300 128 MB.

I downloaded it 3 times the file are same sizes and most downloaders says that its workin for them.
Are there any plugins or configs to actually make them work?

gslimjim98

my chankast problem. this is my first time in a forum so help me

hello! i'm new to the emulation era. i got chankastalpha025 but i'm having problems.i downloaded it and extract it, put all the plugins and bios in, mounted my game which is marvel vs capcom 2. its in .cdi format so i converted it to .iso, mounted it using daemon tools and i keep getting this screen with the time setting. getting past that, i go to the game controller to load the game and it either restarts or says insert a game. what should i do cause mvsc2 was the only reason for me getting this. PLEASE HELP

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The problem is in the Dc_flash.bin that Chankast creates - the emulator doesn't now how to create the file properly, so Chankast just loops in and out of the set date/time screen.

The only way to fix this is to find a fixed Dc_flash.bin.

Mouser X

Requesting BIOS files = ROM requesting (more or less). In other words, you could potentially be permanently banned for asking for BIOS files, and/or Agozer could be banned for posting links to them. As such, don't go asking for copyrighted material (which BIOS files are). They're not to hard to find though. Try searching around on different sites. I can't say much more than that though, because we're also not supposed to tell people how to get such things either. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Mouser X over and out.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
gslimjim98 said:
in a different forum in one of your post it said get it from you website. what is your website?
It's in my signature. It isn't there anymore though.

gslimjim98

ok sorry for the questions that went against the rule. i did what you ask got a fixed one loaded and tryed it out on mvsc2 it kepted on asking me for the time twice and then restarted so i went to options capcom hack and the game started working it said press start i did but the computer froze and went in to safe mode while playing the background music to mvsc2 tell me how to fix this please as soon as possible cause this is making me frustrated but i am not giving up

Last edited:

Mouser X

I think he means:
gslimjim98 said:
ok sorry for the questions that went against the rule. i did what you ask got a fixed one loaded and tryed it out on mvsc2. it kepted on asking me for the time twice and then restarted. so i went to options capcom hack and the game started working. it said press start. i did, but the computer froze and went in to safe mode while playing the background music to mvsc2. tell me how to fix this please as soon as possible cause this is making me frustrated but i am not giving up

Please do note that I can't read minds, and as such, this is largely assumption. But at least this way it makes a little more sense (at least, for me). If that assumption is correct, maybe the disc you're playing the game from is corrupt, and has bad data. When Chankast tries to load this, it then crashes. Personaly though, I doubt that's the issue. If you want to be sure that you don't have a corrupt CD image, why don't you download "CDcheck." It seems to work great. I think it's more likely that it's your sound card drivers, or something, becuase I wouldn't expect Chankast to crash your entire system to the extent that it would boot back into safe-mode.

Of course, I really don't have much info here, so I'm just giving my ideas on what might be the issue. Please feel free to ignore this post if it gets in the way of actual real progress. Mouser X over and out.