What's new

How I can obtain a great grpahics with my system?

yoh_asakura

Hello everybody I'm have a INTEL Pentium 3 866 Mhz, 384 MB SDRAM and a ATI Radeon 9200SE 128 MB. How I can obatain a great graphics with my computer for play N64 emulators (1964 or Project 1.5 SP1)?

Sorry for my english is not my native language is the spanish

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
ATI Catalyst (drivers) 4.9/4.10 + Direct64
Rice Video 5.6.0
Jabo's Direct3D 1.5.1, part of Project64
Glide Wrapper (Hacktarux's wrapper) + Glide64 0.7ME SP7

Which emulator you use with these is a matter of preference (personally, I use 1964 and Project 64).

SigmaXIX

For some reason, I've never had any luck with Glide Wrappers. I can never figure out how that could be better than having the best DirectX drivers or Direct64 OpenGL drivers. I'd go with the non-wrapper solutions, honestly, unless you would like Glide, get a Voodoo-series card if you can find a 3, 5, or 6. I had them back "in the day", and I must admit they were great cards, just too narrow-minded.

Clements

Actually, Voodoo hardware closely matches the N64 in what stuff they can do, and Glide64 also happens to be the most compatible video plugin. Hack's wrapper converts it faithfully from Glide to OpenGL. Remember gfx drivers cannot really improve the compatibility (with games) of a plugin.

OP
Y

yoh_asakura

Thanks to everybody for help me :bouncy: ... Who know where I can download a great glide 64 plugin and great gilde wrapper for my video card? o_o :plain: :bouncy:

OP
Y

yoh_asakura

Oh I'm using direct v05 alpha is a really great plugin but in zelda mm I can't see the bombers notebook, who can help me?

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Direct64 has an option "Enable Overscan" that's supposed to fix that. Unfortunately, it's broken in some versions (The later ones from May). Orkin has started working on Direct64, though, so maybe we'll see a new release soon.