What's new

How do i use plugins

Jackpot08

when i download a plugin i go to the plugin folder and try to drag it in but it says acsessed denied. may be in use or ur not allowed. is it because im not on an admin. acc.?

Big Robot Bill

I think he is referring to that he can't move *.dll files at all. Perhaps those with lower user rights aren't allowed to move such files around? (As the same can happen for downlaoding *.dll files)

Or, since the warning message says "may be in use" as well, Explorer could be doing something stupid with it (has happened to me from time to time.)

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
when i download a plugin i go to the plugin folder and try to drag it in but it says acsessed denied. may be in use or ur not allowed. is it because im not on an admin. acc.?

It could very well be because you aren't on an admin account, yes. A normal account may not have write access to the plugins directory.

You might to log in as admin (or have someone else do it) and give your plugins directory write access to the Everyone group... if you're running a version of Windows that actually allows you to access the ACL controls (XP Home doesn't).

Having said that... make sure the Plugin directory isn't set Read Only first.

Last edited: