What's new

How do I get my Burned DC games to play?

radicooldude

Ok, I have a copy (burned) of one of my Dreamcast Games. Its DOA2. (I also own the real game). My question is, how do I get it to run? I put it in, and then it goes to the main menu on Chankast .25. How do I get it to work?

OP
R

radicooldude

WilYawn said:
Is it a selfboot? Chankast won't run non-selfboot games...
I'm not shure how to tell if it is. Is there a way to find out if it is self booting? Whenever I play it, in Chankacast, it comes up to the main menu, then I hit the play button, then it goes back into the dreamcast ball bouncing screen, the it asks for the date/time, then the date/time again, then the loading screen (witht he red bouncing ball), then back to the main menu. What is going on? These are direct copy discs, that will play in the dreamcast without a boot cd. How can I make these work? Also, what is that thing about cd player aspi? or what is that called? Thanks

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
radicooldude said:
I'm not shure how to tell if it is. Is there a way to find out if it is self booting?/QUOTE]
Try it on your DC!!! If you need the bootCd, then it isn't selfboot an dthen ake it selfboot withexos tools, but if you don't have a DC, I can't & want to help you.

pumpkinlad

MasterPhW_DX said:
Try it on your DC!!! If you need the bootCd, then it isn't selfboot an dthen ake it selfboot withexos tools, but if you don't have a DC, I can't & want to help you.

Maybe you can help me then.

I know for a fact every game I am trying is self booting because it works on my DC just fine, but when I try it in Chankast, I get the Audio CD screen everytime no matter what game.

Specs:

Windows XP Pro SP1
AMD XP Barton 2800+ @ 2.4Ghz (12X200 1.85 VCore)
Abit NF7-S V2.0 3D-D23 Fire (NB-1 NB, Zalman ZM-NB32J SB)
1GB Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 (2-2-2-11 2.7 VDimm)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
2 Western Digital SE WD1200JB 120GB
Lite-On LTR-52327S 52X32X52

Game tested:

Sonic Adventures
Sonic Adventures 2
Soul Calibur
Marvel vs Capcom 2
House of the Dead 2
Spiderman
THPS 2

I would rather just run my games off the CD backups instead of making images for each one as I don't want them taking up tons of space on my HDs, but if the CDs aren't going to work, what is the easiest way to make images?

BountyJedi

i hade the same problem until i got another bios or something with dc_flash and formatted the memory card too.
also put in a vmu bios for some reason cuz i didnt know if it was needed or not.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
pumpkinlad said:
Maybe you can help me then.

I know for a fact every game I am trying is self booting because it works on my DC just fine, but when I try it in Chankast, I get the Audio CD screen everytime no matter what game.

Specs:

Windows XP Pro SP1
AMD XP Barton 2800+ @ 2.4Ghz (12X200 1.85 VCore)
Abit NF7-S V2.0 3D-D23 Fire (NB-1 NB, Zalman ZM-NB32J SB)
1GB Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 (2-2-2-11 2.7 VDimm)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
2 Western Digital SE WD1200JB 120GB
Lite-On LTR-52327S 52X32X52

Game tested:

Sonic Adventures
Sonic Adventures 2
Soul Calibur
Marvel vs Capcom 2
House of the Dead 2
Spiderman
THPS 2

I would rather just run my games off the CD backups instead of making images for each one as I don't want them taking up tons of space on my HDs, but if the CDs aren't going to work, what is the easiest way to make images?
Mount them with deamon tools and disable all drive changing progz like AnyDVD... said the 1000th time... probably it's just your drive, because two of my drives can't read my disk... what are the names of the games in your drive? Audio CD, or something like THPS2_ECH? If it is an audio CD, try another drive...

cuda7171

Banned
you could try,using a boot cd like utopia. on my original backups,i used diskjuggler to turn it into a .cdi. then i use alcholol 120 for a virtual drive. mount it to the virtual drive. read the facts,and make sure chankast is set up right. boot up with utopia disk when the riendeer picture comes up swap like you did on your real dreamcast. only you double click on the game image in the alcholol screen,and not restart chankast(dont touch anything in chankast). this works for my nonbooting images.

i think that chankast running images is important for game performance. you can argue about pirates, and legalities. try to stay on the right side, and chaskast will keep getting better.

Last edited:

pumpkinlad

BountyJedi said:
i hade the same problem until i got another bios or something with dc_flash and formatted the memory card too.
also put in a vmu bios for some reason cuz i didnt know if it was needed or not.

YGPM

MasterPhW_DX said:
Mount them with deamon tools and disable all drive changing progz like AnyDVD... said the 1000th time... probably it's just your drive, because two of my drives can't read my disk... what are the names of the games in your drive? Audio CD, or something like THPS2_ECH? If it is an audio CD, try another drive...

Game show up with these names and the icon is a CD with a + sign in My Computer:

Sonic Adventures - SONIC_ADV
Sonic Adventures 2 - SONIC2_ECH
Soul Calibur - SOULC
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - MVC2
House of the Dead 2 - HOD2DC
Spiderman - SPIDERMAN_ECH
THPS 2 - THP2_ECH

No drive changing programs and when you say mount them with DT, you mean rip them down to .CDI and mount them? That is what I wanted to avoid, but I have tried doing that with Exoboot, but it just hangs when I hit next for the CD to CD Image Operation.

cuda7171 said:
you could try,using a boot cd like utopia. on my original backups,i used diskjuggler to turn it into a .cdi. then i use alcholol 120 for a virtual drive. mount it to the virtual drive. read the facts,and make sure chankast is set up right. boot up with utopia disk when the riendeer picture comes up swap like you did on your real dreamcast. only you double click on the game image in the alcholol screen,and not restart chankast(dont touch anything in chankast). this works for my nonbooting images.

i think that chankast running images is important for game performance. you can argue about pirates, and legalities. try to stay on the right side, and chaskast will keep getting better.

I don't need the boot CD, I am against it 100%.

:p

If I can get a program to work in making images from my CDs and test just one game to be sure they go to the Audio CD screen as well I can rest assured it is something else other than my CD drive.

And for as many DC games as I have, running images would cause havoc on my HD's space as I am sure it may for many of you.

pumpkinlad

Well fuck me, it is my drive.

Went and pulled a generic CD-ROM out of a old computer and everything started fine.

Upgraded the firmware of my Lite-On and still no go, so I guess I am up the creek using the old CD-ROM or buying early a NEC DVD Burner I have been looking at.