What's new

How do I configure a Logitech F510 controller to work with Project64?

g725s

I've installed project 64 on my HTPC setup with XBMC via an installation guide I found over at totalhtpc.com. But I can't seem to get my Logitech F510 controller to work with it. I'm not sure how to decipher the controller layout. I can see that the controller is listed in the configuration menu options. And currently have selected the Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6 controller plugin Version 1.6
I'm not much of a gamer so you'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge relating to this. I am really wanting to set this up for my 12yo.
What buttons on the controller relate to the configuration options? Might these change for different games? Currently I've only got the Mario Kart 64 ROM to play with.

OP
G

g725s

I have been able to configure a left/right scroll through the menu using either the pad or one of the joy sticks. So at least I know that the controller will/does work. I just need to figure out what I should select for whatever controlling option is needed. There are a lot of controlling options in the menu ( Analog Stick, C- Buttons, Digital, etc.). I'm not sure what I should select for what controlling option.
Also, I did fing a post relating to my same controller, but the forum will not let me post a url link to it here. It talked about issues with having the Logitech software installed, which I do also.

Allnatural

There's no 'right' way to configure it; it's mostly down to personal preference. Since the button layout is different from an N64 pad, you may want to create multiple profiles for various games.