What's new

Hilarious PS3 Video

BlueFalcon7

"Microsoft shoots for the moon, Sony shoots for the Sun"
LOL!

I saw that posted on another forum a few days ago. That song is so true, but for some reason, makes me mad. I mean, I am enjoying every minute of Sony's PS3 failure, and this guy is like, Straighten up!. I mean, I hate Sony, they did the rootkits, the batteries, and the suing of lik-sang. THe fact that the PS3 sucks is what they deserve.

Toasty

Sony battery
It's just so true. Think about it - the PlayStation was originally Nintendo's idea and its first incarnation was a booming success. But now, two generations later, the PS3 is losing the console war by far. Just goes to show what a corrupting influence Sony can be on even the best ideas. Sorry if I offend some by bashing Sony, but it's hard to help it with what they've been up to (or down to) in the past few years. I'm not saying Nintendo can do no wrong or that Sony has done absolutely nothing at all that can be considered good, but it's not too far off from that.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

The real "Console Issues"

As perhaps the instigator, I think in fairness I should say I liked the PS1 system the most of Sony's products. The N64 of a similiar generation I thought was not nearly as well thought out. The reasons there are such issues with consoles is the companies or better put leadership of the companies have conflicting goals for the product than do the people who use them.

I want to play games. Sony makes a console. Why wouldn't I buy a PS3? These are the things you should consider. What is the main detraction and why does it exist? The Blue Ray format isn't a big problem is it? The real thing that is a deal breaker first is incompatibility. Software investment is huge. I have probably $1000 or more in games, I want to KEEP playing. This is the MAJOR failure of the playstation 2 and 3. Incompatibility with the prior system. Blaming other people or the engineers for the problem, is to be blunt, idiotic. I'll say it clearly "There is no technical problem that is not solvable." All the problems with the PS2's developement software and compatibility are solely Sony's and Sony's management. Very rarely can a single person make that many problems. It takes someone in authority to really screw up a product. This likely holds true with the PS3. The management at Sony screwed it up. The goals of management were what with the PS3? Obviously they wanted something that conflicted with what the customer wanted.

Conflict with the people who BUY your product is a fatal error. This is what killed the Beta (not the fact VHS was BETTER or cheaper). The conflict in the PS3 is reasonable downward compatibility. Somehow Sony had this crazy idea that they could just slap most of a PS1 system into the PS2 and everything would be fine. Didn't happen, this was a bad management decision. Ditto with the PS3. Doing the same thing as you did before does not get you different results now does it? Now the PS3 is even more incompatible with prior generation software. PS2 and PS1 alike.

The second major issue of the PS3, is the end product is overpriced. This has nothing to do with engineering. It does again have to do with management choices. What is the biggest cost in the PS3? Why does it need a hard disk? Why does it need a whole new controller? With such a huge introductory price, how can Sony justify a half baked system to people? Thus sales are in the toilet. The bad part about this is likely all the people who weren't management knew this is exactly the results they would get and there was nothing they could do. In other words the people who make things happen are screwed and management keeps there job.

Yes, Sony has some serious issues. It would be good that a CEO get fired more often without ANY compensation. People need to get there attention changed sometimes when they get too far off on a tangent (it's like the nasty attitude car salesman why would you buy a car from him?). Sony has been persuing the mindless idea that DRM will be the silver bullet and evil pirate software manufacturers are to blame for there problems. I'm afraid you own your own mistakes, Sony needs to think about the beta and deal with the fact, there corperate behavior is like a bunch of barbarians. There motto should read "take what you want, <bleep> the world!" Another appropriate motto might be "Pilage before you burn!"

Cyb

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
This has nothing to do with engineering. It does again have to do with management choices.

Well, not only. Engineering choices makes the product expensive and Sony can't just take a big loss. Therefore, they have to increase the price. One big flaw in Sony I think is that they have a bunch of stupid people sitting at top that decides the hardware. They're not game designers, they're not multimedia designers, so why should THEY design the system? It boggles my mind.
Anyway, nice post.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Well, not only. Engineering choices makes the product expensive and Sony can't just take a big loss. Therefore, they have to increase the price. One big flaw in Sony I think is that they have a bunch of stupid people sitting at top that decides the hardware. They're not game designers, they're not multimedia designers, so why should THEY design the system? It boggles my mind.
Anyway, nice post.
LOL I have this product I had to make that the customer specified how much what kind etc. in terms of hardware. If they hadn't done that I think it would have worked MUCH better and met there needs much better. However it's an age old problem with people in high level management. Too make a name they have to change things. So there you have it.. like the management's ideas?

Cyb

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
So there you have it.. like the management's ideas?

Cyb

Not quite. They put the user in charge and the engineers have to follow the users idea. Basically what Sony does. Now, the way it's supposed to be is that the user specifies what they WANT (not HOW it's done) and the engineers engineer the solution. That's how it works in the software world and Sony had better learn it.