What's new

hi... i need some help from all you brains

prankster959

Okay first i'll give you my info
1.6 ghz P4 WinXP ATI radeon 7500 768 RAM (not for the graphics card, for the comp)
I use pj64 1.5sp1 with the defaults, and sometimes glide plugins but my comp always seems to suck. usually i get about 60 fps on games like mario 64, but on games that i actually want to play like Gauntlet: dark legacy I can't seem to get about 20 fps. I've tried using Rice's latest plugin, and it made the screen stop flickering, but it worsened the frame rate it seems. I also tried 1964 and it didn't work very well at all.

Also for a medium end computer by today's standards like mine, what kind of plugins should I be using? Any ones u guys prefer? Keep in mind I use a radeon graphics card.

Btw I already tried corn and it won't work at all so thats already out.

thx for the help in advance!

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
WTF? I get about 60fps on most games with my 850Mhz CPU and GeForce 2MX.
Have you tried updating your video card drivers? Do you have the latest DirectX version installed? Also make sure that Antialiasing and VSync are disabled (you can change them from the video card configuration tab). Closing any other programs while running the emu may also help.

OP
P

prankster959

PsyMan said:
WTF? I get about 60fps on most games with my 850Mhz CPU and GeForce 2MX.
Have you tried updating your video card drivers? Do you have the latest DirectX version installed? Also make sure that Antialiasing and VSync are disabled (you can change them from the video card configuration tab). Closing any other programs while running the emu may also help.

well i mean 58 (up to 70-90 sometimes) fps according to the thing at the bottom of pj64, but 30 fps according to the thingy that comes with the glide plugin. Sorry I didn't make that clear. My drivers were updated a few months ago, I didn't want to update again cuz I didn't have any problems. I will check anti and vsync. Also I run a few programs while playing... shit (cussing allowed here?) no wonder... i forgot to get off kazaa lol. okay scratch what i said.
edit: i also have latest directx