What's new

Help

Samboyyz

Hey guys, I have been working on a texture pack for Donkey Kong 64, seeing as it is easily in my Top 3 games of all time and because there hasn't been any hi res texture packs for the game. I have basically finished the first world (jungle japes) and I come to the second word (Angry Aztec) and the game has screwed up(see screenshot in attachments)

Cheers Guys, If you can tell me how to get rid of this problem it would be truly thankful.... Just let me know if you want screenshots of the hi res textures.

Attachments

• angry aztec glitch.png
    angry aztec glitch.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,055
F

Fanatic 64

1. Are you using hi-res textures on that screenshot?

2. Which video plugin are you using?

3. Which video card do you have?

OP
S

Samboyyz

1. I am using my hi res texture pack here (havent got to the characters yet)

2. Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5

3. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 -or- AMD Radeon 7730m (whatever one you mean)

F

Fanatic 64

Try that level without the texture pack (move "DONKEY KONG 64" out of the "texture-load" folder) and see if the problem stays.

Jabo Direct3D 8 is probably using the Intel HD Graphics 4000.

You may also want to know that there are 2 types of texture packs, Jabo and Rice. Jabo texture packs can only be made and used with Jabo Direct3D, Rice texture packs can be made and used with Rice-based plugins (Rice Daedalus, Mudlord's Rice, Aristotle's Mudlors & Rice Video, 1964Video, Rice Video Community Version) and Glide64. Rice is the most used texture format.

OP
S

Samboyyz

Try that level without the texture pack (move "DONKEY KONG 64" out of the "texture-load" folder) and see if the problem stays.

Yes the problem stays.

it would be better if you used the Glide/Rice formats.

How do I do this? I click Rice Plugin and it loads the original textures, this rids the problem

This problem also occurs with Crystal Caves and Creepy Castle Levels.

Last edited: