What's new

Help!

haln

Haln
I download dolphin teaser and unzipped it but when I try to hit next on the First Time configuration it won't work.Why won't it do anything except crash? Can anybody explain?

haln said:
I download dolphin teaser and unzipped it but when I try to hit next on the First Time configuration it won't work.Why won't it do anything except crash? Can anybody explain?

your profile has no details ... nothing that describes your system ... operating system? ... post some information and perhaps someone can give you a default *.ini file to see if it helps

well, most people here have about 3X faster CPU ... also, you didn't state your Operating System or Graphics Card but i'm guessing perhaps nothing spectacular

The System Requirements
=========================
GFX: Radeon 9500+ series card recommended, but Geforce FX
series also work. Expect severe graphics problems
with lower cards.
CPU: The fastest you can find.
RAM: 256MB or higher strongly recommended.
Audio: Any Windows/DirectX-compatible soundcard.

when i say Operating System, i mean Win98? WinME? WinXP? ... why are you trying to emulate Gamecube anyway? ... have you tried emulating N64?

create a file in the Dolphin root folder directory called "dolphin.ini" and paste the following (trimmed)

[Logging]
All_LogToFile=1
All_ShowInLog=1
All_Enable=1
PE_LogToFile=1
PE_ShowInLog=1
PE_Enable=1
CP_LogToFile=1
CP_ShowInLog=1
CP_Enable=1
VI_LogToFile=1
VI_ShowInLog=1
VI_Enable=1
SI_LogToFile=1
SI_ShowInLog=1
SI_Enable=1
PI_LogToFile=1
PI_ShowInLog=1
PI_Enable=1
MI_LogToFile=1
MI_ShowInLog=1
MI_Enable=1
DSP_LogToFile=1
DSP_ShowInLog=1
DSP_Enable=1
StI_LogToFile=1
StI_ShowInLog=1
StI_Enable=1
DVD_LogToFile=1
DVD_ShowInLog=1
DVD_Enable=1
GP_LogToFile=1
GP_ShowInLog=1
GP_Enable=1
EI_LogToFile=1
EI_ShowInLog=1
EI_Enable=1
GEKKO_LogToFile=1
GEKKO_ShowInLog=1
GEKKO_Enable=1
HLE_LogToFile=1
HLE_ShowInLog=1
HLE_Enable=1
DSPHLE_LogToFile=1
DSPHLE_ShowInLog=1
DSPHLE_Enable=1
Video_LogToFile=1
Video_ShowInLog=1
Video_Enable=1
DYNA_LogToFile=1
DYNA_ShowInLog=1
DYNA_Enable=1
[General]
FirstRun=0
AutoLoadLast=0
EnableDebugging=0
AutoRun=1
Dynarec=1
LastIsoFilename=
LastExecFilename=
LastFiletype=0
[Plugins]
VID=VideoPlugin.dll
PAD=PADPlugin.dll
DVD=DVDPlugin.dll
[Settings]
EnableFrameBuffer=0
DontAskForGCMPaths=1
EnableDTKMusic=1
GCMPaths=0
[Appearance]
BannerBGColor=1573938

if this doesn't help, oh well ... new video card drivers? ... new version of DirectX?

OP
H

haln

Haln
What type of file? Text Doucument? Briefcase? Wordpad Doucment? Bitmap Image?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
haln said:
What type of file? Text Doucument? Briefcase? Wordpad Doucment? Bitmap Image?

hain, in the folder that you have dolphin in, there should be a file called "dolphin.ini" Open this file like a normal file. It will open the file in notepad. You can copy the text from soberanalyst's post and paste it over the text that is in your dolphin.ini file and be sure to SAVE changes before closing it. It's possible that you dophin.ini (ini means initialization) file may not have been written correctly when you first ran dolphin. On rare occassions that happens. But basic computer skills are necessary to understand what is being explained. Also, please explain exactly what error you are getting, this would help us to understand what problem you are having. Be as specific as possible.

if it crashes, when he clicks on Next ... there won't be a file called "dolphin.ini". he's obviously right clicking and selecting New and reading off the list he sees as if it's the only way to do something and the only possibility ... this guy doesn't seem to be very computer literate hardware or software wise ... i think an alpha software that's error prone is not something he should be playing with. (no offence ... i gotta be brutally honest)

no spelling check done, sorry.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
SoberAnalyst said:
if it crashes, when he clicks on Next ... there won't be a file called "dolphin.ini". he's obviously right clicking and selecting New and reading off the list he sees as if it's the only way to do something and the only possibility ... this guy doesn't seem to be very computer literate hardware or software wise ... i think an alpha software that's error prone is not something he should be playing with. (no offence ... i gotta be brutally honest)

no spelling check done, sorry.

Good point, I missed the details. :p But yeah, probably has no idea what WIP means.

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
Trotterwatch said:
I don't see the point in this thread anyways, it's not as if his processor is going to be able to cope anyways.

i agree with Trotterwatch.he needs to get a powerful pc(and a powerful graphics card :p )