What's new

help!

minkster

ok ok ok i bought this item off of ebay http://www.virtualinformation.com/ebay_images/vga-1lg.jpg (continuation to previous post) supposively its supposed to connect to the tv. I cant figure out how to use it! i dont have the s video thing on my laptop so i plugged the one with the blue plastic into my labtop and cant figure out where to plug the other two cords into the tv. aah yes im a noob so please help me! :p

OP
minkster

minkster

yeah i looked a lil on google and i have a yellow video cable ...not the s-video thing. i heard that the s-video cable works better though.....is there a major difference? -thanks minkster

sheik124

Emutalk Member
yeah svideo works better, but someone like you probably won't notice the difference, just use one of those yellow cables like the ones you connect a satellite box or cable box to the tv to use the adapter

OP
minkster

minkster

thanks for the info sheik, i now have the blue thing plugged in and a yellow cord for the video. and it is still not working! is there sumthing i hafta to do to switch to tv mode. i have tried going to properties nd saying that i have a tv connected but it just wont switch.

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi,
You could try pluging the yellow video wire in , (video in) rca jack on your tv if it has it, that yellow video plug is a female end so you need a (rca jack cable both ends are male) or plug the yellow wire into your vcr or dvd player (rca jack video in), and have the vcr or dvd on a/v in mode , line or channel 3 (depends on the model) also make sure the tv/vcr button is on if using a vcr. (Hooks up just like a playstation on rca jacks) , you know how you get a console without the adapter and hook it up with the the 3 cables , 2 audio and one video , well it works like that. Remember its only video , no audio so you only need the yellow wire. That seems like it should work fine to me , but I dont have that adapter. I do like my s video better. If all eles fails get a S video cable , make sure you check the ends of the plugs so you know it will work. Just trying to help. Later

Last edited:
OP
minkster

minkster

thanks lite user but still no dice...maybe i will buy one of those s-video cables and hopefuly it will work. there is an rca jack on my tv that says video 2 input and i switched it to tv 2 and it didnt work. i also tried putting the cord in my dvd/vcr and it didnt work either. btw the cable im using is monster standard sv1 standard linear bandwith video cable by monster cable if that helps with anything. thankyou guys for trying to help me. i will try different things but if you have any ideas feel free to PM me or sumtin.-thanks minkster

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
minkster said:
thanks lite user but still no dice...maybe i will buy one of those s-video cables and hopefuly it will work. there is an rca jack on my tv that says video 2 input and i switched it to tv 2 and it didnt work. i also tried putting the cord in my dvd/vcr and it didnt work either. btw the cable im using is monster standard sv1 standard linear bandwith video cable by monster cable if that helps with anything. thankyou guys for trying to help me. i will try different things but if you have any ideas feel free to PM me or sumtin.-thanks minkster

I don't know. You might want to do it the way people told me to, but it's a bit more costly.

Go to Radio Shack, and buy a 'Modulator.' They have a S-Video port on the back, and go to a local PC Store and buy a S-Video Cable. Hook up the modulator, plug it in, and connect the S-Video cable to the back. The T.V. will automatically pick up on the S-Video and it will be a PC. ( Well, you'll have to set it up. XD )

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Vile324 said:
I don't know. You might want to do it the way people told me to, but it's a bit more costly.

Go to Radio Shack, and buy a 'Modulator.' They have a S-Video port on the back, and go to a local PC Store and buy a S-Video Cable. Hook up the modulator, plug it in, and connect the S-Video cable to the back. The T.V. will automatically pick up on the S-Video and it will be a PC. ( Well, you'll have to set it up. XD )
okay, that made no sense, back of what, plug what in

OP
minkster

minkster

im goin to buy one of those s-video cables ...i just hope im not pissin my money away :p

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi, your tv still needs to have S-Video in . Seems you need a longer S-Video cable for distance. A standard S-video cable is a male plug on both ends , that looks like it should work. I have the RF-Modulator from radio shack. If that yellow wire on the adapter is a video out wire , it should work the way I explained, or maybe you got a faulty adapter.

Something eles I thought of is I have to switch my settings for my card to clone or turn on the extra monitor in display properties for the tv out to work, check yours and see if it shows more then one display available.

Last edited:
OP
minkster

minkster

all i no is im getting closer with the s-video cable. when i go to display properties i have two monitors and the second one is inactive so i try to make it work by checking extend windows desktop onto this monitor. and then i clicked apply and the screen flashed a little bit in the middle but its still black. at least i no im getting some sorta connection. im gona still mess around to see what happens.

OP
minkster

minkster

i got the screen to show up on the tv except its black and white and shows like three of the same screen. i can move around the mouse and stuff but i want it in color and to be more stable because when i click on some programs it will just lose the picture. any ideas? thanks- minkster

OP
minkster

minkster

umm could it be my dna drivers installed causing the tv out issues?...somebody please answer

Eagle

aka Alshain
Depending on your video card's capabilities, you may have to disable the primary monitor while displaying on the secondary monitor (TV). There should be an option for this. Can you give us a screen shot of your video configuration for that detail? It might help us find an answer more quickly.

OP
minkster

minkster

Eagle said:
Depending on your video card's capabilities, you may have to disable the primary monitor while displaying on the secondary monitor (TV). There should be an option for this. Can you give us a screen shot of your video configuration for that detail? It might help us find an answer more quickly.

how do i disable the primary monitor?