What's new

Help

jareg

Just A Guy
TartarSAuce said:
I'm having trouble getting this bloody thing to work. I have a ISO image of Ikaruga so what do I do next.

Rename it to gcm then in Dolphin set up the gcm directory and valla you will see the games banner in Dolphin :)
Then click on it and it should boot

OP
T

TartarSAuce

jaregs said:
Rename it to gcm then in Dolphin set up the gcm directory and valla you will see the games banner in Dolphin :)
Then click on it and it should boot

Hmmm so just right click on the file go to properties and then select rename?

jareg

Just A Guy
TartarSAuce said:
Sorry to trobule you all but I'm still at a lost can someone do explain this to me step by step.

Right Click on the iso image and then Rename the you renme the ending the Iso to gcm :)
Simple is that
Rename it like a ordinary notepad file

OP
T

TartarSAuce

jaregs said:
Right Click on the iso image and then Rename the you renme the ending the Iso to gcm :)
Simple is that
Rename it like a ordinary notepad file

Ooooo thanks a bunch

OP
T

TartarSAuce

I have to change the file type thats whats causing me grief, and I dont know how I did what you told me but it didn't help. It can detect Zelda but not my Ikaruga ISO. And I renamed Ikaruga to Ikaruga.gcm is that correct?

jareg

Just A Guy
TartarSAuce said:
I have to change the file type thats whats causing me grief, and I dont know how I did what you told me but it didn't help. It can detect Zelda but not my Ikaruga ISO. And I renamed Ikaruga to Ikaruga.gcm is that correct?

Jep thats correct but did you but the Ikaruga.gcm to the directory where your Zelda is

OP
T

TartarSAuce

jaregs said:
Jep thats correct but did you but the Ikaruga.gcm to the directory where your Zelda is
Yeah it was on my desktop and I moved it to the location where zelda is.

Gladiac0190

Maybe, if you're workin' on windows xp, you did not set the directory settings correctly... So Windows hides the _real_ extension and even if you add "gcm" at the end of the filename, it's as an example "filename.gcm.iso" :). If that's not the mistake and the filename is really "filename.iso" I don't understand the problem since Dolphin recognises gcm's very smoothly...

DOGG

Yeah it sounds like your windows is hiding the extensions. Your file is probably called ikaruga.gcm.iso and you can't see the .iso. Change your windows settings and rename it properly

OP
T

TartarSAuce

DOGG said:
Yeah it sounds like your windows is hiding the extensions. Your file is probably called ikaruga.gcm.iso and you can't see the .iso. Change your windows settings and rename it properly
And how will I go about changing my settings? It's funny I can build a comp but know jack s*** about the OS.

Kid A

Nevermind
TartarSAuce said:
And how will I go about changing my settings? It's funny I can build a comp but know jack s*** about the OS.

First of all I have to say that I speak spanish, so my windows is in spanish. :p
So i dont know if i´ll using the exact words.
It´s something like this.

1- Open a carpet ( abrir carpeta )
2- Tools ( herramientas )
3- carpet options ( opciones de carpeta )
4- View ( ver )
5- Hide File Extension ( ocultar extensiones de archivos ) - You have to uncheck this.

Knuckles

Kid A said:
1- Open a carpet
3- carpet options

lmao

on an Explorer window, click Tools-> folder options ( or Start -> control Panel -> Folder options) , click on the "view" tab, and in the options list, go and uncheck "hide extension of Known file types".

Kiantsu

si, en opciones de carpeta, herramientas, ver y quitas ocultar extensiones de los archivos. cuando te aparezca eljuego.iso lo cambias a eljuego.gcm.

yes, in folder options, tools, see, hide file extension, uncheck it and when u see thegame.iso you change it to thegame.gcm

OP
T

TartarSAuce

Knuckles said:
lmao

on an Explorer window, click Tools-> folder options ( or Start -> control Panel -> Folder options) , click on the "view" tab, and in the options list, go and uncheck "hide extension of Known file types".
Thanks for the help.

Shakaru

Knuckles said:
lmao

OMG, I was trying not to laugh untill Knuckles had to point it out. But yeah, you got to love spanish. The only laguage that will bring you fine shag carpeting to the windows operating system.