What's new

help

davo00769

ahoy hoy
i just downloaded nemu64 and every time i try to start up it says "direct 3d failed to intialize your HAL device, make sure you have a properly configured 3d graphics card compadible with diect3D 6.0"

what the #$%@ is a HAL device? is it to do with graphics?

anyway, i tried downloading various video plugins (like JABO direct 3D 6 and 7, glN64_v0.4.1.dll, glide 64 and TR64_D3D.dll) and none of them help. the ones that work make the game about as fast as a one-legged tortise.

does any1 have any suggestion on what i can do? any would be greatly appreciated.

Trotterwatch

A suggestion:
Give your system specs, we can't help without them (particularly graphics card)

Also make sure you have the latest version of Direct X installed, though as the problem is happening with the GL plugins too, I'd wager it is something to do with your graphics card and/or drivers.

Trotterwatch

Start>Run and type Dxdiag
On the first page is your processor speed, ram and OS
Then in the display tab at the top, you will find your graphics card name besides where it says adaptor: (IE Intel810 shudder).

OP
D

davo00769

operating system: windows m.e. (4.90, build 3000)
processor: intel pentium 3 800 MHz
mem: 126MB ram
direct x 8
graphics card: intel(r) 82810E graphics controller

Try updating your drivers ( www.intel.com ). Anyway, this card isn't very good for N64-emulation. Download Glide64+evoodoo for better graphics (read older threads in the forum for more info).