What's new

Help with Virtual on OT

Hello guys please i need your help, yesterday i downloaded virtual on ot.cdi image, and then i downloaded chankast emulator, the bios, the flash, and daemon tools. well then i started the emulator and all was perfect, but when the emulator load the image, i can see the sega logo but then i only see a black screen. I try overclock the cpu to 120 but the problem persist.
I try with versions 0.2 0.2a 0.25 etc.

My pc:
Pentium 4 Ht 2800
All in wonder radeon 9600pro 128
512 ram
80hd
dvd rom
Asus motherboard

What can i do?? help! :bye3:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Use Chankast 0.25 and overclock the CPU right after you click "start" (set it to 150 just to make sure). After that it should work.

cuda7171

Banned
how big is your image? 747mb in cdi. that is what i have, and i cant get it to go past the black screen either. i tried over under clocking 50-200 . stranger than that it crashes chankast after a while of enjoying blackness. i could use a hand with this one too

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It seems that you both have the wrong image. There are two images of the game over the net but only one of them works with the emulator.

Last edited:

cuda7171

Banned
psyman i have taken your advice in past threads,and agree this time too. however what size is the correct image? and does chankast utilities .25 have to be installed? for the speed pig thing?

OP
I

inthejungle

Banned
remove echelon intro

I think if we delete the echelon intro, the game will start normally, but i dont know how delete the intro.

if someone knows, please help!

painkiller78

I have the same problem... I'm not able to repack the image... the 1st_read.bin is quite strange... if you hex edit it, it not contains the "Lib Handle Star" string right in the beginning of the file ... i have found while repacking some images that this some 1st_read files with this characteristic does not boot after the repack process.. the boot the sega loco, but afther that go to the dreamcast bios screen a if push the play disc obtion they reset the emulaotor. even if you use the same multisession setting that in the orginal file.. mostly with echelon releases... maybe a problem with the intro or something...

Cid

Nope, it still doesn't work. My guess is that my 1st_Read.Bin is from Echelon and your is from some other group.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I don't know...
It wasn't running on chankast so I redone it before testing it on my DC, because I was thinking it can only be one of these annoying intros ...
but my redone version works on the DC & Chankast without probs... very obscure.
But if I remember the right way, the mounted image was called "ECHELON", so it should be the echelon release.
I had redone the 1st_read bin with the same DOA2LE was needing. That could be your problem. Try it.

cuda7171

Banned
i searched for the doa2le 1stread but chrono trigger s link was dead. i want to try your method . is it a coincedence that both images are 747

painkiller78

cuda7171 said:
i searched for the doa2le 1stread but chrono trigger s link was dead. i want to try your method . is it a coincedence that both images are 747

I tried after the MasterPhW's clue, use the method described in this thread:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21416
Using hexworkshop you must delete the first 983040 bytes of the file... open the file with the HexWorkshop, make sure you are at the beginning of the file, the use Edit->Select Block from the menu. Now in the new dialog box, enter this values Block : 983040 <-> Dec, Method : Size of Block and then press OK..
Now will have a large portion of the file highlited, press DEL on the keyboard, and click OK to the answer about the undo buffer being to small to hold 983040 bytes change...
Now use the "Save As" function to save this file as 1ST_READ.BIN on another location...
This is the 1ST_READ.BIN file you need to make this game work...

Cid

Wow it actually work. Thanks painkiller78 and MasterPhW_DX :bouncy:
Here is a screenshot.

painkiller78

Cid said:
Wow it actually work. Thanks painkiller78 and MasterPhW_DX :bouncy:
Here is a screenshot.

Anytime dude... it's a pleasure for me to ged rid of those intros who stops us from playing those excelent games...
I would encourage that if anyone have a patch, method or bin file which can lead to remove or get rid of an intro, please share with us...
Look at the theads of DOALE, soul calibur, and Skies of arcadia, those guys share with other their discovering... now we can play those games without problems...
Hope this help others... :)