What's new

Help with starting game

Toshiri

I seriously need some input in why Chankast isn't loading my game(SFIII 3rd strike). I got the dc bios and flash, daemon 3.29 installed, I used fastboot and made the iso selfbooting, but Chankast still doesn't read the game. It loads up to the red swirl and it goes to the time settings page. After I get to the page with the 4 icons, I choose "play game" and it goes back to the red swirl and again to the time setting page. I've read everywhere and I still can't seem to find my problem. Anyone got inputs in why it won't work?

GCFreak

Open dc_flash.bin with Notepad. Scroll down to the 2 values "121Dreamcast". Change those values to "211Dreamcast"
Save and close the bios file. Then try and load the game again. You should see a blue swirl instead of red and the game should boot.

PS: If you can't save the changes to the bios file because it's write protected, Right click and go into properties and uncheck "Read-only".

Last edited:
OP
T

Toshiri

I opened the dc_flash.bin file with Notepad but all that came up was a lot of blank spaces and some periodic symbols.. I didn't see anything else in the file. Anything info on this?

OP
T

Toshiri

I looked through the whole dc_flash.bin file and couldn't find anything aside from 4-5 symbols. I did on the other hand find two 112 values in the dc_bios.bin file and tried changing them to 211. After that Chankast doesn't even load DC up anymore. What is wrong? T_T"