What's new

Help with Paper Mario 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AztecStatue

Hi all I'm new here !

I got PM2 and changed the iso to a gcm but now when I start the game I get this error:Unknown DSP UCode - forcing AX

How can I fix it?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
As of now with the current version of Dolphin, this game is unplayable for anyone. Future releases MAY allow this game to be a bit more compatible, but if you are wanting to play it at or near full speed, then my suggestion is to back up the file to a dvd-r (if you are able to) and wait for quite a while. Since the current Dolphin release is a teaser version, not many games will be readable or compatible. Even the next few releases (alpha and beta versions) will probably not run many games thoroughly. For now, your answer is the same as it is for the rest of us: wait a while.

IceWarm

Jeez, expecting a game that is so new to work perfectly in an emulator is pretty lame in my opinion. Get a real GameCube if you really want to play it, or any other GameCube games for that matter.

The Saxman

Bible boy
IceWarm said:
Jeez, expecting a game that is so new to work perfectly in an emulator is pretty lame in my opinion. Get a real GameCube if you really want to play it, or any other GameCube games for that matter.

Sorry for butting in, but please give people a break, not everyone who signs in here knows that Dolphin is a demo (labeling it "teaser" doesn't tell exactly what it is, a lot of emulators have weird names). And he/she didn't say get it PERFECT, they just want it to open. Also many emulators for other systems can run games that were released after the emulator was finished.

Now for defense of a LOT of people (this is why I decided to speak up):

Just because someone asks for help getting a game to work on emulator, DOESN'T mean that they don't own the game/console. Many people simply PREFER playing on the computer, especially if they own laptops. My all time favorite console is the computer, so when ever I buy a game for GBA, N64, etc.. I ALSO put it on computer.

Sorry if I'm piping up in a subject I have no right to, but I find "Just go buy a real one" as annoying as when you're getting into an argument over a Movie or Book universe (example: Lord of the Rings, Star wars) and someone spouts "well, you know it never REALLY happend, so it doesn't matter". grrrrr

Again sorry if I'm spouting gunk here,
I try never to flame,
The Saxman

jareg

Just A Guy
The Saxman said:
Sorry for butting in, but please give people a break, not everyone who signs in here knows that Dolphin is a demo (labeling it "teaser" doesn't tell exactly what it is, a lot of emulators have weird names). And he/she didn't say get it PERFECT, they just want it to open. Also many emulators for other systems can run games that were released after the emulator was finished.

Now for defense of a LOT of people (this is why I decided to speak up):

Just because someone asks for help getting a game to work on emulator, DOESN'T mean that they don't own the game/console. Many people simply PREFER playing on the computer, especially if they own laptops. My all time favorite console is the computer, so when ever I buy a game for GBA, N64, etc.. I ALSO put it on computer.

Sorry if I'm piping up in a subject I have no right to, but I find "Just go buy a real one" as annoying as when you're getting into an argument over a Movie or Book universe (example: Lord of the Rings, Star wars) and someone spouts "well, you know it never REALLY happend, so it doesn't matter". grrrrr

Again sorry if I'm spouting gunk here,
I try never to flame,
The Saxman

Ok Saxman :)
But there are many people in this world and some are just the ones who are rom whores and dont read the readme files and so on.But yes there are those people that own the games but just looking for advise here
So we cant argue about this matter ;)
People are diffrent

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Now really... teaser could mean it was released before the actual release to "tease" people. True, but if you look in the readme you'd know it was in early stages and CANNOT run games such as paper mario 2.
Sheesh, c'mon. If they would read the readme, or SEARCH the forum perhaps a little for some answers, they would KNOW that it won't run these games.
So if they don't, they have themselves to sue. And some people but it here thinking it can play (and WILL) ALL games!

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
Oi. People, the Gamecube is a very powerful system with a lot of anti-piracy mechanisms, Dolphin is very new, and emulation is very difficult. You guys should consider yourselves lucky there's an emulator at all. Expecting it to play every game well at this stage is ridiculous!

The Saxman was pretty much right ... "teaser" doesn't mean "demo" to some people ... if you search through some of my posts, i'll see i once said that.

Then again, Doomulation is right to point out that the people that come here don't search the forum before posting ... or read the "readme.txt" file. "readme.txt" is something we all should know and read before we have questions.

i like coming here to see screenshots, hear about updates, find out if there's a new version released, hear cool ideas about Dolphin, talk about performance ... but it's pretty annoying when there's someone new who jumps in and shouts out "how do i get the games?" ... "why doesn't it play the game?" ... "when will a new version come out?".

Conclusion? ... when i see most people shamelessly ignorant and stupid, i'm proud to be one of the abnormals!

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
That's just the way it is on most internet forums, I'd say. Meanwhile, this topic seems to have outlived it's usefulness.. :)

Knuckles

ok, now we knows everything about Dolphin compatibility status ... AGAIN!

only 1 post would have been enough to say all that, and no need for useless "agree" posts next time plz .

Also, note to spyro32, check your sig size, put it smaller, it's not my case but members with lower resolutions will get the forum screwed up when you sig is loaded.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.