What's new

Help with a Newb at P64/OoT/GameSave

EchoX860

Hello, I'm fairly new at Project 64. I used it before to play through OoT. This time I'm trying it with saves. I've gotten a few saves from the website GameFAQs, as well as from here. I'm not sure what I do next though. I put the saved files in to the Folder I configured, but they don't show up at all. I've tried renaming them among other things and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The saves from GameFAQs are N64 DexDrive saves and they cannot be used in Project64 as is. The only way to "import" them (that I know of) is to use the N-Rage Input plugin, and load the saves into an emulated MemPak before you even start the game.

OP
E

EchoX860

Okay, how about the saves from other sites as well. Also, how would I go about using/emulatin the N-Rage.

Agozer

The short version:

Download N-Rage (check this site)
Put it into your Plugin folder
Make N-Rage the active controller plugin.
Configure it to emulate the MemPak, and import your DexDrive save to that emulated MemPak.

OP
E

EchoX860

NRage_Dinput8_v2.dll? If so that came installed with my P64. I put that has my Controller, and now it says No Controller when I boot up OoT

and Final Question: How would I have it emulate the Memory Pak

Last edited:

Agozer

chekc the version of your N-rage Input in Options --> Settings --> Plugins. Upate if your version is anything less than 1.83a or 2.00

Make sure that the Player 1 controller is marked as "Plugged in". The memPak can be enabled/disabled (or switch with the Transfer Pak or Rumble Pak) via the Controller Pak tab.