What's new

Help me please, I hate to be needy.

tpower01

Okay so first off let me tell you all about me. I'm very very new to Linux, and very very very new to emulator's. I need some help. I downloaded the file but have no earthly idea how to compile it or get it running. I'm running Fedora Core 5. Can I yum install this or do I need to manually compile all the rpm's? Help me plese!!!

smcd

Please don't make multiple threads. I'd try compiling everything yourself over using the premade binaries... just because. If you can't find out how to do it properly, download the binaries. After that, you'll need some files to run. PD Roms 1998 - 2006 has only FREE, legal roms for download. For "the good ones" you'll either have to dump them yourself or find an alternate method of acquiring them - we can't help you there.

OP
T

tpower01

Sorry

I didn't mean to post multiple threads, when I made the first one it said I wasn't allowed to, so I tried another one then it made both. My mistake. I don't understand a word of what you said, like I said I'm new. Instead of annoying and buggin you, could you just direct me to a site with a guide that could help? If you don't mind talking me throught that'd be great, but I hate to be a nuisance.

OP
T

tpower01

Uhhh

Okay I know literally nothing. I know you are talking about running the make command from the terminal window, and I haven't tried that yet. I downloaded it and then I got on here for help. I have only had linux for like a month, and I wasn't sure how to handle the file. I'll give that a shot, if that is the first thing that I should do. I assume I just type make and then the file address?

smcd

Most source packages come as "gzipped tarballs" -> .tar.gz or .tgz To open those, you'll use something like "tar zxf filename.tar.gz" that'll decompress and extract the files. After that, change to the directory created and try running make. In this case, it appears bzip2 has been used. You'll need to instead do "bzip2 -d filename.tar.bz2" and then run "tar xf filename.tar"