Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Corn

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Other...

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Allnatural

Other...Get a better computer, seriously.

Since you're too lazy to experiment, UHLE is probably your best bet, maybe Corn.

Last edited:

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Try UltraHLE first, If that doesn´t work try Corn and if that doesn´t work forget about N64 emulation or get a better computer.

Allnatural

Matata said:
Try UltraHLE first, If that doesn´t work try Corn and if that doesn´t work forget about N64 emulation or get a better computer.
Thanks for repeating everything I said. :rolleyes:

Trotterwatch

Low processor, graphics card and memory. The first one is the only major problem with N64 emulation (indeed the graphics card is great*).

*for N64 emulation using Glide64 (obviously)

Last edited:

Clements

Trotterwatch is right. You have Windows XP, although an excellent OS for emulation, is a bit too good for your system. Your graphics card is excellent for N64 emulation- keep it, even though it's old, it'll work absolute wonders with the Glide64 plugin. If its PCI you could use it as a secondary card if you want.

If you want to upgrade your system, I'd get a decent AMD processor eg. over 1.2GHz and you'll be able to use PJ64 and 1964 fullspeed. AMD are fast and very cheap, so you won't have to pay too much for good performance.

192MB is a little low, so get another RAM stick, so that your total RAM is close to 512MB. I reckon a 256MB stick would be a good choice and not too expensive if you want to upgrade from 192MB. RAM is quite cheap.

You may need a new motherboard to cater for all this new stuff if you still want your old computer case, but you might as well buy a totally new comp and move the Voodoo card to it as a secondary card.

If you are buying a new PC, avoid integrated Graphics or Savage/SiS graphics. Any non-integrated GeForce or ATi will do, and you can upgrade that when you can afford to. Well, that's what I did!

scotty

The Great One
Tomppa said:
I need help selecting right emulator! So could someone help me? :unsure:

Recommendation 1964 or PJ64.

Processor is definately too slow to run any N64 emulator other than corn, and maybe the new 1964 (when it gets released, and we still dont know when).

to run N64 emulation and have the majority of games working a 1.3 Ghz or higher is recommended, but it might be less with the new 1964, as I am not a tester I would not be best to recommend the minimum speed, but most games run fine with my processor speed (1000 Mhz) on 1964.

Graphics card is fine, although many recommend voodoo cards, I think NVidia cards are more optimal for Video plugins other than Glide

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
scotty said:
Graphics card is fine, although many recommend voodoo cards, I think NVidia cards are more optimal for Video plugins other than Glide
Voodoo is the perfect card for n64 emulation as of now. But it kinda sucks with pc games.

scotty

The Great One
Doomulation said:
Voodoo is the perfect card for n64 emulation as of now. But it kinda sucks with pc games.

Ill only take your word because Ive never used a voodoo card. I still say Im happy with my card for N64 emulation purposes, its hard to beleive Ive had it for a year now. I still think that Jabos plugin and Rices are still pretty good with NVidia cards.

Clements

When I saw shots of Glide64 displaying screens of Ogre Battle 64 running perfectly I couldn't help but be extremely impressed.

Glide64 beats most D3D/OpenGL plugins IMO, even Jabo's will have to step aside when the next Glide64 is released. Let's hope all the other plugin authors can catch Gonetz!

Last edited:

vleespet

The decent one
I've seen games running like a tit on even slower systems with a voodoo, so I think it's just the fecking best plugin.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
scotty said:
Ill only take your word because Ive never used a voodoo card. I still say Im happy with my card for N64 emulation purposes, its hard to beleive Ive had it for a year now. I still think that Jabos plugin and Rices are still pretty good with NVidia cards.
Actually, neither have I. But most old voodoos work bad with newer pc games as far as I can tell. I can't be 100% sure, because I haven't used one and not the newest ones either.

OP
T

Tomppa

Well because voodoo is my secondary card, there isn't much new games that support it, that's why use emulators. And thanks for help.

OP
T

Tomppa

Clements said:
Trotterwatch is right. You have Windows XP, although an excellent OS for emulation, is a bit too good for your system. Your graphics card is excellent for N64 emulation- keep it, even though it's old, it'll work absolute wonders with the Glide64 plugin. If its PCI you could use it as a secondary card if you want.
If you want to upgrade your system, I'd get a decent AMD processor eg. over 1.2GHz and you'll be able to use PJ64 and 1964 fullspeed. AMD are fast and very cheap, so you won't have to pay too much for good performance.

192MB is a little low, so get another RAM stick, so that your total RAM is close to 512MB. I reckon a 256MB stick would be a good choice and not too expensive if you want to upgrade from 192MB. RAM is quite cheap.

You may need a new motherboard to cater for all this new stuff if you still want your old computer case, but you might as well buy a totally new comp and move the Voodoo card to it as a secondary card.

If you are buying a new PC, avoid integrated Graphics or Savage/SiS graphics. Any non-integrated GeForce or ATi will do, and you can upgrade that when you can afford to. Well, that's what I did!

I thought it has to be secondary card... I think it could be better other way.