What's new

Help: Can't get Chankast 0.2a to work

mapzilla1

I was told Chankast 0.2a is the only version to play Cannon/Gun Spike. I have other versions of chankast on my computer that run ok.

Version 0.1 is really buggy. It always crashes after 2 minutes.
Version 0.25 runs great but of course can't run Cannon/Gun Spike.

But for some reason Version 0.2a doesn't work at all, with any game. First it takes me to a calender entry screen. I have to enter in the date twice. Then it will take my to the bios screen. If I select 'Play', the emulator resets to the calender screen.

I have the drive letter right. The bios and flash are there. Everything is configured the same as version 0.1 and 0.25.

So why doesn't 0.2a work!? Is there a particular virtual drive program I have to use? Are there missing .dlls not included in the download from chanka?

Please advise. I love me some Cannon Spike and would be most appreciative.

OP
M

mapzilla1

I didn't know NULLDC could run Cannon Spike. Does it support gamepads?

Has anyone else here had trouble getting Chankast 0.2a to work?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
JKKDARK said try. That doesn't necessarily mean that Cannon Spike works flalessly in nullDC. nullDC doesn't support gamepads as is, but you can get a gamepad working by using a keyboard <-> joypad mapper like XPadder.

P.S. I'd give up trying to use Chankast 0.2a if I were you. Using any older version than 0.25 often introduces more problems. Then again, most people have completely given up on Chankast by now and look at nullDc and Makaron instead.