What's new

Hello..... new in all this need....some help!!!!

kaibou

hello all in new useing emulators......i just download demul v0.5.6 i got the dc_bios.bin and flash.bin and a lot of games in cd form from when i had my dreamcast.......i dont know what to do with all this (where to put the dc_bios.bin flash.bin)and how to load the game that i got in cd form) so if you plz can some on tell me what to do......ty :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
dc_bios.bin is not used by Demul as is. You need at least 1_01d_01.bin (US 1.01 BIOS) in dc.zip before you can boot anything. I can't remember if it's the same deal with the flash file.

OP
K

kaibou

i manage to make the version 0.5.5 running i found on internet some intresting forums i also found all bios 1_01d_01.bin, 1_01d_02.bin, 1_004_01.bin, 1_011_01.bin and dc.dat that some guys said that must be placed inside a .rar file on demul.exe forlder and manage to run the program the verion 0.5.6 when im trying to run give me this error unable to find dc101d_eu.bin in romset dceu.......also i dont know how to load my cd form games in version 0.5.5

Agozer

Then rename your EU BIOS to dc101d_eu.bin and put that in dceu.zip. Put that in the roms folder.

OP
K

kaibou

i did rename it by that name and put it inside the.zip but i cant see any folder by the name roms or romset........i try to create the folder romset and roms and then place the .zip inside but still the same error both times

Last edited:

Agozer

If you don't have such a folder. Create it manually and then set Demul to look for any roms in that folder. Config --> Plugins I believe.

OP
K

kaibou

i did what you said:

1st i created the folder roms and put inside the dceu.zip file with the dc101d_eu.bin & dc.bat in it and then set demul to look in this folder from Config --> Plugins-->roms-->add and i select the folder named roms (same error)

2nd i create the folder romset and pu inside the dceu.zip file with the dc101d_eu.bin & dc.bat in it and then set demul to look in this folder from Config --> Plugins-->roms-->add and i select the folder named romset (same error)

i also did all those things with every bios that i have (in case i picked the wrong one) same error with all of them

Agozer

It doesn't matter if the folder is named 'roms' or 'romset', it can be named however you want. Create a folder named "kittycats" if you have trouble making up your mind.

Anyway, I don't remember whether Demul supports booting games directly from disc or just via disc images. Check what the active GD-ROM plugin is (provided that you are actually trying to load Dreamcas games instead of, say NAOMI or Atomiswave games).

OP
K

kaibou

ok i manage to make the games start but on version 0.5.5..........in version 0.5.6 still got problem with that same error i did what you told me i made the folder roms i i put the .zip inside and made the program look in the folder roms still same error dunno what else to do now im tying to figure out how to save the games