What's new

Having issues with Dolphin...

Ross L.

Flash Animator
I am having some problems running Dolphin on my pc. My system stats are below. My problem is this:

Every time I open the Dolphin Emulator, it goes to the Configuration setup screen. After I enter the location for my GCM's and click next, Dolphin crashes. Does this happen for anyone else besides me? And do you know if there is anyway to fix it? Thanks in advance! ^^

Stadsport

Wow, Ross. Fancy seeing you here. This is your cousin Nick speaking. :D
Anyways, your sig doesn't say, so make sure you have Service Pack 4, since you're using Windows 2000.

OP
Ross L.

Ross L.

Flash Animator
Stadsport said:
Wow, Ross. Fancy seeing you here. This is your cousin Nick speaking. :D
Anyways, your sig doesn't say, so make sure you have Service Pack 4, since you're using Windows 2000.
I got it. :D
DOGG said:
what filetypes do u have in your gcm directory?
That will seriously affect Dolphin? As I said above, even without loading any roms, Dolphin still crashes on me. :'-(

*EDIT* Just to make you happy, I put all my GCM's and DOL files into one folder. :p

*EDIT* I figured out how to get around the setup screen. Just push cancel. It still hangs up whenever I go to configure plug-ins or load a GCM.

*EDIT* I am really starting to think that my RAM might be too low, as it sits at the Booting.. screen for more than a minute. *NOTE* After about 4 minutes, I just gave up.

Last edited:
OP
Ross L.

Ross L.

Flash Animator
Sorry for double-posting but I felt that this was interesting enough to bump the topic:

While running The Legend of Zelda Remastered GCM, my CPU is somehow at 100% and my memory is at its peak, 567776. This would be ok in my mind if the GCM wasn't only 14MB. -_-

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
The size of the image file has nothing to do with how much information is being calculated by the emulator at once.

OP
Ross L.

Ross L.

Flash Animator
What I don't get is why Dolphin won't work on my pc. That's what I don't understand. My system stats are good enough that it should be working fine without a glitch. -_-

Pky

All the threads that start with a question finishes complaining the compatibility of Dolphin... it's always the same and i have said it in another threads. You won´t run it perfect... and instead of buying a better pc to use it buy a Gamecube...